Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch: Thread 2: The Drift

Started by madhair60, September 05, 2019, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are you a Switch Bitch

Yes
48 (60.8%)
No
6 (7.6%)
Raoul Moat
25 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Quote from: RetroRobot on November 13, 2022, 08:28:33 AMAlso Mario 3D All Stars if you wanna play upscale versions of 64, Sunshine and Galaxy - Admittedly you could probably get better results through emulation but it's a convenient way to play em

On a hacked Switch you can play the PC port of Mario 64.

Pink Gregory

MrMrs

how can i get the best games of the last ten years?

Pink Gregory

Quote from: MrMrs on November 14, 2022, 12:01:10 AMhow can i get the best games of the last ten years?

Oh I don't know *how* exactly, just that's what the third party games on the Switch are, indies and a healthy selection of last-gen ports.

falafel

Memorex MP3

Quote from: MrMrs on November 14, 2022, 09:43:26 AMwhich are the best ones?
Almost every major last gen non-exclusive and virtually every indie darling has been ported to switch, mostly surprisingly well.

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on November 14, 2022, 03:07:22 PMAlmost every major last gen non-exclusive and virtually every indie darling has been ported to switch, mostly surprisingly well.

Skyrim on the Switch is the stuff dreams are made of.

Crenners

Quote from: MrMrs on November 14, 2022, 12:01:10 AMhow can i get the best games of the last ten years?

Buy a PS4

Nah I'm just kidding there are lots of great games on the Switch and xbox.

buntyman

I like the nintendo mario brothers and nintendo mario brothers 2

Crenners

ARMS
Breath of the Wild
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
Binding of Isaac Rebirth+
Fire Emblem Three Houses

There are others but these are probably the five I've enjoyed the most.

Quote from: MrMrs on November 15, 2022, 12:46:23 AMwhich?

Pink Gregory

@Crenners  Never figured you for a Fire Emblem guy.

I heard that Three Houses didn't compare all that favourably to Awakening on the 3DS (if you plaued that one), what do you think?

brat-sampson

Disco Elysium
Breath of the Wild
Witcher 3
Dragon Quest XI

That's your next 12 months sorted.

RetroRobot

Quote from: brat-sampson on November 15, 2022, 01:29:34 PMDisco Elysium
Breath of the Wild
Witcher 3
Dragon Quest XI

That's your next 12 months sorted.

Dragon Quest XI is ace. Make sure you play the post game though!

Crenners

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 15, 2022, 07:24:32 AM@Crenners  Never figured you for a Fire Emblem guy.

I heard that Three Houses didn't compare all that favourably to Awakening on the 3DS (if you plaued that one), what do you think?

Never played one before this. It's not something I'm interested in replaying either but the balance of character stuff and the combat (which I don't really enjoy elsewhere) really struck a chord with me and I put 100 hours in and really enjoyed it. Comforting atmosphere, decent enough story, some likeable characters and dynamic shifts.

I just thought about the games I played most. Odyssey is up there. Splatoon 2 is up there. I got loads of shmups and indie games but they're probably the most representative 'best' five for me. That said, I've hardly touched it in a good year or so.

If you want a bunch of the games mentioned recently on here they're pretty much all on sale in the Black Friday sale.

Pink Gregory

No Bayonetta 1+2 sale.  Balls.

Might pick up Skullgirls and Disco Elysium myself.  Got Skullgirls in early access on PC but never played it much, can't argue with £7 to get it again

I scrolled through pages and pages as the best games aren't frontloaded on the list necessarily, the most grim one I saw was 'Hentai Uni' a puzzle game that boasted "one handed controls".

Pink Gregory

Quote from: thelittlemango on November 18, 2022, 06:15:08 PMI scrolled through pages and pages as the best games aren't frontloaded on the list necessarily, the most grim one I saw was 'Hentai Uni' a puzzle game that boasted "one handed controls".

equally I wish you could set games to 'ignore'

fuckin sick of scrolling through PANCAKE HOUSE TYCOON COMPLETE EDITION and MATERIAL CODE : PROGRESSION OF STACK MEMORY every time I want to look at the offers

Kelvin

New Mario Kart tracks out in December, which includes the London track and a Christmassy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm4FMMd5Nak

Still can't get over how many levels that game will have once they're all out; 96 I think? Can't see how it will ever be topped by the sequel.

Crenners

Quote from: Kelvin on November 21, 2022, 03:36:05 PMNew Mario Kart tracks out in December, which includes the London track and a Christmassy one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm4FMMd5Nak

Still can't get over how many levels that game will have once they're all out; 96 I think? Can't see how it will ever be topped by the sequel.

Gotta go Super Smash Kart really to up the ante next time.

weaseldust

help me cab! should i get:

super mario 3d world + bowser's fury?
OR
captain toad treasure tracker?

or new super mario bros u deluxe

Consignia

Personally, I'd say in order: 3D World, Treasure Tracker, and then U Deluxe. But they are different game genres, so do you want a 3D platformer, a 2D platformer or a puzzle game?

They are all pretty decent, but I've never been a fan of the New series except the original DS game. I'm also someone who enjoys 3D world more than most people, but Bowser's Fury is excellent too.

oggyraiding

3D World is great and there's a ton of content. I didn't gel with U Deluxe. It didn't feel very inventive, compared to 3D World's variety.

RetroRobot

All 3 are good but 3D World is fucking magic, especially multiplayer. Just chaotic fun.

RetroRobot

Quote from: RetroRobot on December 30, 2022, 07:08:57 PMAll 3 are good but 3D World is fucking magic, especially multiplayer. Just chaotic fun.

Want to shoot bullets at your friends and loved ones? Throw them off pits? Camp the edge of platforms with a piranha plant in your hands, biting your mates to the pit below? Play 3D World multiplayer.

Kelvin

Bowser's Fury is secretly one of the best games on Switch, and it comes with a whole other Mario game (3D World), so that's the obvious choice.

I haven't played the Switch port of New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, but the original Wii U version was one of the most boring Nintendo games I've ever played; Mario on auto-pilot, no personality or imagination at all. Save your money on that and buy any number of other 2D platformers instead.   EDIT: Or buy Mario Maker 2, which has a really under-rated single player campaign.