Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:38:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Curb season 10.

Started by Dusty Substance, November 19, 2019, 07:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

Feels like they need a new recurring character. Would be funny if they could make a Larry and Jon Hamm double act work well in the same way Leon felt like a great addition from Season 6 onwards.

Dusty Substance

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on December 12, 2019, 01:44:01 PM
Fucking hell THAT'S why that woman in always sunny looked so familiar , jesus I haven't watched old curb for years and now I can picture her in the episodes haha

Absolutely. It took me a good four or five seasons of IASIP for the Dee penny to drop. Kaitlin Olson is absolutely fantastic in It's Always Sunny.

Pinball

Amazingly, CYE is unavailable on BluRay yet, either here or the US. You'd think it was still the 1990s.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Pinball on December 14, 2019, 04:01:29 PM
Amazingly, CYE is unavailable on BluRay yet, either here or the US. You'd think it was still the 1990s.

Not sure I need to see the shine on Larry's head in HD, to be honest.

Bazooka

Quote from: Dusty Substance on December 12, 2019, 02:27:54 PM
Absolutely. It took me a good four or five seasons of IASIP for the Dee penny to drop. Kaitlin Olson is absolutely fantastic in It's Always Sunny.

One of my favourite scenes is when Larry stops her Jewish husband being baptised as he thinks he's being drowned.

mr. logic

Quote from: Bazooka on December 14, 2019, 06:16:25 PM
One of my favourite scenes is when Larry stops her Jewish husband being baptised as he thinks he's being drowned.

I love him humbly accepting the praise from the Jewish people at the ceremony afterwards.

Jim Bob

There's nothing particularly revelatory in it and a lot of the same old ground gets covered, but here's a new hour long Q&A with Larry David, which may be of interest to some.

non capisco

Larry ripping the piss out of Susie's hat at the start of that trailer probably made me laugh more than anything in the last series.

Malcy

Larry has been doing the rounds on chat shows recently. Liked this one.

What If Everyone Had Their Own Larry David?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tNOKXlv8-bY

Malcy

Noddy Tomkey

This is great, nice one Malcy!

Malcy

Mobius

Absolutely loved that first episode. So many funny bits. So happy Curb is back.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Mobius on January 20, 2020, 06:29:34 AM

So much optimism on here. Really looking forward to this...!

Noodle Lizard

Already a big step up from last season, thankfully. It did feel like it spread itself a bit thin with all those different plot strands going on, but I expect a lot of that is just set-up for the season arc. Forgot how rubbish it is having to wait a week for each episode!

Malcy

Quote from: Mobius on January 20, 2020, 06:29:34 AM

It was really superb. Most I've laughed at anything in a while. Really looking forward to the rest.

Small Man Big Horse

I haven't even finished the last season of yet as I was struggling with it so, but yeah, this was pretty damn superb and a real return to form.

Daniel

Can anyone PM me where to find this please? Not having any luck with the places I used for last season.

Mr. Ssmsslth

Did not like it, to be honest. There is nothing left of the original style/tone/pacing, the plotlines/character motivations feel contrived, and the dialogue does not even come across as improvised anymore, even though most of it (presumably) still is.   

This show should have ended after season 7.

Daniel

Thanks a lot to weekender! Loved it until the ending, where it seemed to be building up to a big hilarious denouement with everything coming together but then just...ended. I feel like that's the main thing that separates the newer seasons from the classics for me.

non capisco

It wasn't one of the big moments but the bit that really made me laugh was Larry dipping his nose in Richard Lewis' coffee to test the temperature and Richard Lewis saying "What is this, a goose?"

The main Jeff gag in this episode has to stem from real life instances of mistaken identity, don't you reckon?

Jim Bob

I went into this opening episode of season 10 with rock bottom expectations, but am pleased to say that it honestly felt like a true return to form.  Hopefully the upturn in quality will be maintained for the entire season and season 9 will in retrospect be nothing more than a weird and horrible anomaly.

INTERESTING OBSERVATIONS

* What the heck is with the creepy shot with Suzie glaring at Larry and Cheryl from afar (at around the 15 minute mark)?  She looks like some kind of Japanese yōkai, who's just emerged from a TV screen.

* Larry receiving a blowjob is awfully similar to the aesthetic and sound of turtle having sex.

weekender

Larry and Leon walking down the street is fun in itself, but when the selfie stick inadvertently got broken I've not laughed so much in ages.

Malcy

Quote from: weekender on January 20, 2020, 11:02:34 PM
Larry and Leon walking down the street is fun in itself, but when the selfie stick inadvertently got broken I've not laughed so much in ages.

Yeah big laugh straight away and they kept on coming. Defo going to watch it again during the week. A lot of great lines in it. And the tipping over of the scooters was great as well.

Mobius

The only thing I didn't like was Mocha Joe telling Larry he was the only person who had those beans and could get those beans, when in the previous Mocha Joe episode he sends Larry to pick his beans up, so Larry specifically would know where they can be sourced.

"You don't need to call her when you land. If there's a plane crash we'll know about it."

Fantastic line.

Jim Bob

Quote from: weekender on January 20, 2020, 11:02:34 PM
...when the selfie stick inadvertently got broken...

There was no "inadvertently" about it.  That and the shot of Larry pushing over the row of electric scooters was probably the only aspect of the episode that I didn't care for.  It's too cartoonish to be believable.  As much as he might like to, I don't buy that Larry would actually do that to a stranger's property, much less in an open public space and with the owners of said property watching him do it in one instance.  Aside from being a bit to broad in the humour, it's also crossing over into the unlikable "Jerkass Homer syndrome" territory, which afflicted Larry's character in season 9.