Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers thread Part 2

Started by chveik, January 04, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: olliebean on December 15, 2021, 04:25:40 PMBy the time I'd finished reading them (and no, I haven't either), I became convinced someone had input a list of song names into https://bellard.org/textsynth/ and copied the output onto the album cover.
Noel Gallagher tracklist:

1. AKA... What a Life
2. my old man's a clam
3. down my slide
4. whats going on in the world today?

5. noel
6. you
7. don't start
8. its funny
9. the old way
10. so what are you gonna do?
11. young kids
12. what i want
13. no time for that
14. get a life
15. good life
16. it is
17. i don't wanna know
18. the time is now
19. its not even that
20. it is not what it is
21. i don't know, really,
22. my little princess
23. its all the same
24. i'm a little bit like
25. i know
26. take it easy
27. its ok
28. i still love you
29. i'm just gonna tell you now
30. if you say something
31. take me home now
32. and we don't come back
33. take me away
34. i am

SteveDave

Pauline Walnuts

Why is he covering his bits up when he dosn't have any?

Oh, how many times have I heard that...

The Mollusk

The new Bastille sci-fi concept album. I fucking hate this band and can't even begin to imagine how shite this one will be.

famethrowa

Quote from: TheMonk on February 16, 2022, 12:50:27 PM

That's gotta be the work of those Hipgnosis wankers right? If not, then a fair ripoff.

olliebean

There's something weird about that picture - I find it tremendously irritating that Plant is barefooted, even though he isn't.

idunnosomename

Quote from: famethrowa on February 16, 2022, 10:10:20 PMThat's gotta be the work of those Hipgnosis wankers right? If not, then a fair ripoff.
seems to be credited to the photographer Michael Hoppen.

What about this honkingly early '90s one?

Might be acceptable as a psychedelia looking design without the kids and teddy bear over egging it

gilbertharding

I saw an interview (you might have seen it yourself) with Percy where he was disarmingly clear-eyed about the quality of some of his post-Zep work. He was very aware that it lacked the timelessness of his other stuff (for better or worse, in my opinion). I wonder if he'd be as candid about the artwork.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Egyptian Feast

I like it, mainly for his impish grin. It's so endearing I'd find it difficult to stay mad at him for bottling women or wearing horrible yellow shirts.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Likewise. It's a terrible album cover, but Rufus' innate good humour and charm somehow transcend it.

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 17, 2022, 06:03:35 PMseems to be credited to the photographer Michael Hoppen.

What about this honkingly early '90s one?

Might be acceptable as a psychedelia looking design without the kids and teddy bear over egging it

Crikey that's bad.

Tokyo van Ramming

Right before bedtime, thanks a bunch.

non capisco

Looks like Alan Brazil after he's let a little kid put make up on him.

holyzombiejesus

Not an album sleeve but thought it was worth sharing as it really made me laugh.

imitationleather

Just reading the words "Playing the new album" gave me an icy chill.

At first I thought it was a jubilant crowd at a Liam G concert,  which would make sense for an album cover. But then I saw he's in the audience too, so who are they all cheering? Maybe it's like the old photo of Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining and your supposed to figure it out yourself. Or perhaps it's a Noel gig and Our Kid is hurling abuse.

jobotic

They all look far too young to be at a Liam Gallagher gig.

DJ Bob Hoskins

I assume this has already been reposted in the 'Up The Arse Corner' thread?

kalowski

Liam's Wikipedia page is full of pearls.
QuoteGallagher was interested in joining a band called the Rain, which they agreed to rename. It became Oasis
QuoteThe Gallagher brothers were troubled, especially in their mid-teens, and Liam often shoplifted bicycles from local shops.
QuoteDuring his teens, he suffered a blow to the head with a hammer from a student at a rival school, which he credits with changing his attitude towards music.
QuoteDuring Oasis's American tour in 1994, Liam frequently changed the words of Noel's songs so that they were offensive to both Americans and Noel

PlanktonSideburns

That last one is a really lovely turn of phrase

The Mollusk

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: jobotic on April 09, 2022, 02:14:30 PMThey all look far too young to be at a Liam Gallagher gig.

Far too many young people LOVE him and his old band. I find it very sad that such MOR sheeeiiiite is enough for them. No wonder Elton John's had a resurgence, he's blowin their flippin minds!

purlieu

The two guys at the front look like they're in a mid '90s boyband.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: purlieu on April 09, 2022, 05:19:23 PMThe two guys at the front look like they're in a mid '90s boyband.

They're the ersatz Robbie one and the Irish one that maybe died (Can't remember for sure, think he did, maybe just really sick)

Keebleman

Quote from: curiousoranges on April 09, 2022, 02:10:26 PM

Ian Brown at bottom left, with possibly Harry Kane directly above him.  Don't recognise any of the others.  Cast of Skins?

I.D. Smith

Quote from: purlieu on April 09, 2022, 05:19:23 PMThe two guys at the front look like they're in a mid '90s boyband.

I think the floppy centre parting has made a comeback recently among the young folk. This is just a half-arsed observation I've made though, based on seeing a couple of young lads at my local gym knocking about with my haircut from the 90s, so I could be off the mark with this one.

holyzombiejesus

I like the eyes of the one in the cow bucket hat.