Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CORONAVIRUS 2020: RHYTHM OF THE DEATH III

Started by imitationleather, April 12, 2020, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo

tell them to stick it up their shitters the twats

Dex Sawash

And there's the  new thread sorted, Coronavirus IV: stick it up your shitters you twats

Chedney Honks

Lol after all this time I've finally got Covid. My wife picked it up at school, as did the teacher and another TA, apparently couple of kids been coughing like fuck. Cheers for sending them in, folks 😂😂😂 Hope their families don't get it too bad🤣🤣🤣

SpiderChrist

Daughter came home from Uni, started sniffling and sneezing on the train, and now I'm laid up with whatever-it-is. Hoping it's just a cold and not that nasty Covid thing you hear some people talking about.

Fambo Number Mive

Ferris

Quote from: Chedney Honks on September 19, 2021, 02:46:07 PM
Lol after all this time I've finally got Covid. My wife picked it up at school, as did the teacher and another TA, apparently couple of kids been coughing like fuck. Cheers for sending them in, folks 😂😂😂 Hope their families don't get it too bad🤣🤣🤣

CHED SOON

bgmnts

If you do actually have it then get well soon Chedders.

Chedney Honks

Cheers, fellas, I'm not too worried about it. As long as my wife's OK, I don't care if my lungs melt.

bgmnts

Quote from: Chedney Honks on September 19, 2021, 04:45:53 PM
Cheers, fellas, I'm not too worried about it.

Thank god cos i'm actually delighted.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Drygate

Dr John Campbell does a heel turn and slams the WHO and backs Ivermectin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO9cjy3Rydc

Not quite but the bit about the WHO running out of space on their web page was quite funny.

thugler

Found out we had caught covid on sunday, also presume it's from the kid's school. Positive lateral flows and then pcr's.

At first just felt like a mild cold, maybe a bit of hayfever. It's fucking horrible, way worse than i expected, and this is post double vax. Just so draining and shitty.

Steven88

My Mam has just tested positive for Covid, I live with her but i've done a test that is negative, her friend who she saw on Thursday has just tested positive.

I'm not sure what kind of reaction i'd have if I get it, i'm triple jabbed but disabled and fat so might be dead soon. Even if it just put me to bed it could exacerbate my disability by being inactive.

Steven88

Almost a week on and i'm still testing negative, my mum has had 3 positive LFTs and a positive PCR but her only symptom so far has been a runny nose.

jobotic

iamcoop

Well after dodging bullets for the last year it looks like I've finally been hit by the omicron FUCKDOWN.

Woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat, by 6pm felt pretty rough. Did a lateral flow test that was negative, ordered some PCR's to be on the safe side.

Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, did a lateral flow and there's a faint line there. I won't know for sure until I get my PCR result back but I suspect I've been given the greatest Christmas gift of all.

batwings

Quote from: iamcoop on December 21, 2021, 11:05:04 AMWell after dodging bullets for the last year it looks like I've finally been hit by the omicron FUCKDOWN.

Woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat, by 6pm felt pretty rough. Did a lateral flow test that was negative, ordered some PCR's to be on the safe side.

Woke up this morning feeling like I'd been hit by a bus, did a lateral flow and there's a faint line there. I won't know for sure until I get my PCR result back but I suspect I've been given the greatest Christmas gift of all.

Hope you feel better soon!

SpiderChrist

Ferris

Quote from: iamcoop on December 21, 2021, 11:05:04 AMWell after dodging bullets for the last year it looks like I've finally been hit by the omicron FUCKDOWN.

Shit one, sending good vibes.

I'm about 4 days into mine and first two days I was rough but since then it's been fine. Now I'm alright but bored and isolating isn't much of a laugh.

iamcoop

Thanks folks.

Still feel rough as boots but a lot better today.

I guess it's the collateral damage isn't it? All family plans cancelled, partner staying at a friends house up the road (she's classed as high risk so we don't wanna take any chances), work colleagues dealing with extra stress now I have to be off...

On the plus side I can play all my records she's not a fan of as loud as I want and I get the cat all to myself. So swings and roundabouts.

iamcoop

Quote from: Ferris on December 21, 2021, 05:50:31 PMShit one, sending good vibes.

I'm about 4 days into mine and first two days I was rough but since then it's been fine. Now I'm alright but bored and isolating isn't much of a laugh.

Good to hear mate. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ferris

Quote from: iamcoop on December 22, 2021, 10:20:02 AMThanks folks.

Still feel rough as boots but a lot better today.

I guess it's the collateral damage isn't it? All family plans cancelled, partner staying at a friends house up the road (she's classed as high risk so we don't wanna take any chances), work colleagues dealing with extra stress now I have to be off...

On the plus side I can play all my records she's not a fan of as loud as I want and I get the cat all to myself. So swings and roundabouts.

Yeah the admin and headaches of the isolation are a pain in the arse. Sounds like you're on the mend - make the best of it and think what a great anecdote this will be in a few years.

Jim_MacLaine

A bit of a milestone at work this week. We had our first dismissal for Long Covid. Guy's been off since April 2020 and looked absolutely exhausted at the hearing.

evilcommiedictator

Just thing of all the jobs Long Covid will create, amazing

Noodle Lizard

My family and I all tested positive yesterday (thankfully we're lazy and had no NYE plans to cancel), after having what we thought to be a mild cold pass through the house over Xmas. I got it the worst, with a pretty unpleasant fever that lasted a night, but everyone else was more or less fine save for a few sniffles. My wife's sciatica acting up was her main symptom.

As miserable as it is to test positive on New Year's Eve and enter the new year with a case of COVID requiring us to stay indoors for the first week or so of it, it's also somewhat nice to have gotten it out of the way. 

Is it still fair to call these "breakthrough infections"? I'm not exaggerating when I say almost everyone we know has come down with it within the past month or so, and they're all as fully-vaccinated as they can be. Double or triple the number of people we knew who got it during the initial (pre-vax) surges, all in one month.

NoSleep

The earlier versions of covid were more deadly but didn't manifest symptoms in many who were nonetheless spreading it. That was why it was so hard to contain; many younger people and others who were not vulnerable were showing no symptoms and spreading it to others, likely without knowing they ever had it.

These later variants seem more likely to manifest (albeit mildly), including in younger people, and are slightly less deadly, so it appears more rampant.

olliebean

Someone on another forum pointed out that people in hospital with Covid is 1/3 of what it was 50 weeks ago, therefore everything's peachy. Had to point out that that number is growing twice as fast as it was a year ago, and at the current rate of growth it'll be at the same level as 50 weeks ago in 3 weeks.

shoulders

Yes and always using the peak point which was already several orders of magnitude more than what hospitals could cope with.

The staff absences are also critically important here in terms of how much poor old Blighto (NHS) can cope with.