Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Pest of British Comedy

Started by Tony Yeboah, July 03, 2020, 12:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I t
Quote from: typeforty on November 19, 2021, 04:27:15 PMDoes any of this ever make a difference? As far as I can tell, everyone who was named at the start of the thread is still pretty much where they were last June... Singh Kohli isn't doing anything of note, but his media career was on the downslide long before any allegations came out. Just a bit of a "What's the point of it all", really.

Within the circuit behind closed doors I think it has made a difference in preventing further people being at risk. Most female comics now know a bunch of people not to work with etc and the importance of that shouldn't be underestimated.

I think the limitations of that though is why they have tried to set up that organisation to make that process more formal. Kiri Pritchard-McLean has written before about the difficulties of live comedy having no HR etc. You can report things to venues and promoters but none of them had any process for dealing with that. The idea behind Get Off (bad name I agree) is that venues/promoters sign up and so if something is reported it is managed by an HR support team and shared across all venues/promoters. Comedians can then know that those places will take allegations seriously and have put in place basic standards to keep people safe.