Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,203
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:55:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Saved By The Bell

Started by Famous Mortimer, August 15, 2020, 08:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumblegraws

Quote from: mippy on December 10, 2020, 10:16:04 PM
I'm still waiting for the Pugwall reboot.
Nine Network have said that if there's a chance, they're gonna take it.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: mippy on December 10, 2020, 10:16:04 PM
I'm still waiting for the Pugwall reboot.

I went to see Pugwall On Ice a couple of years ago. Waste of money.

petercussing

I know, it's such a shame that all the cast of Pugwall died and even more of a shame that they made them still do Pugwall on Ice

Famous Mortimer

Hearing buzz that Kanye West is going to do a cover version of the "Marmaloid Rap" as a Christmas single.

Mr Farenheit

I finally got around to watching the infamous Pugwall Movie. Bit of a departure from the TV series! I heard it was banned in Australia and I can see why, I'm in pieces.

petercussing

It's great isn't it? A real departure. The idea that he slowly can't tell the difference between his fantasy inner life of being in a great band and his real life as a factory worker making keyboards, basses and guitars really hits home in the scene where he thinks he's wailing on his guitar at a concert, only to discover what he's gripping so intently is Marmaloid's throat and he slowly comes to understand he's strangled her to death. It's so moving, even more so as he really accidentaly killed the actress in the scene, her being the first main cast member to die from Pugwall's curse (of course 67% of all extras in Pugwall had died by this point, as is well known).

It's so eerie to think the literally 100% of all the people who appreared in any episode of Pugwall are dead.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: petercussing on December 13, 2020, 10:18:41 AM
It's great isn't it? A real departure. The idea that he slowly can't tell the difference between his fantasy inner life of being in a great band and his real life as a factory worker making keyboards, basses and guitars really hits home in the scene where he thinks he's wailing on his guitar at a concert, only to discover what he's gripping so intently is Marmaloid's throat and he slowly comes to understand he's strangled her to death. It's so moving, even more so as he really accidentaly killed the actress in the scene, her being the first main cast member to die from Pugwall's curse (of course 67% of all extras in Pugwall had died by this point, as is well known).

It's so eerie to think the literally 100% of all the people who appreared in any episode of Pugwall are dead.

It's an incredible scene and very hard to watch- as is Hero-Head's reaction when he finds them (also a 'real' scene as he realised the actress was actually dead halfway through- and she was actually his (estranged) daughter in real life!).

I thought GG Allin's cameo as a musical mentor for the Orange Organics was a bold move- although needless to say it didn't end well!

petercussing

Yeah, and it emphatically shows the effect of the Pugwall curse.

It was incredibly bold of the producers to use him and is equally chilling that they shot his scenes with Pugwall in the Gas Station Club, on June 27th 1993 and that the entire scenes of GG's night ended up in the final film uncut. It's also weird that you can never tell whether he's real or if Pugwall is imagining him at the plot goes on.

willbo

I remember that episode of Pugwall where Pugwall's mom has a nightmare vision of what the band's future would be if they become too hedonistic, and it's just them dressed as a glam metal band, lying around on the floor together looking ill, eating old pizza, swigging pepsi and burping. I didn't really know about drugs and sex at the time, so after that I thought the worst things rock n' roll bands did on tour was eat junk food and burp.

dothestrand

Didn't two of the Pugwall alumni try to kill Julie Martin in Neighbours - one was Phil's son, I think.

Not a patch on Round the Twist obv.

petril

I remember the weird one where they tried to make a really creepy fake Simpsons episode. think his mum died in a car accident half way through, and the rest of the episode is him furiously trying to write his Simpsons episode, but breaking down, sat at home with the corpse. weird bit at the end with the gravestones for Alain Prost and Andrea Montermini's death being predicted for 1994 though

petercussing

I don't know if you are old enough to remember, but in the early 90s all anyone was talking about was about how Alain Prost was certain to die in 1994 and how inescapable it was, so it's not that surprising from *the Alain perspective. It was like some sort of collective cosmic understanding channeled by humanity that even Alain accepted and took stoically on board.

*Notes to go back to the 70s and make a tense spy thriller called this

Famous Mortimer

Up to episode 5, and it's really good. Like, surprisingly so. It manages to be a little bit of a normal teen sitcom, a piss-take of a normal teen sitcom, and has stuff about class and race in there too. And lots of dumb jokes about the original show too. Perhaps I'm just in a good mood, but I'm really enjoying it.

Famous Mortimer

Looks like Lark Voorhies wasn't to be trusted with an actual acting gig, but they filmed her sat down at a table for a few minutes of episode 8 as if she was on a video call.

Enzo

Famous Mortimer

New series is just out on Peacock, the streaming service not the lovely bird.

I enjoyed the first series quite a bit, they hit a good point between normal high school stuff, original show stuff and modern comedy stuff. Anyone else going to be watching?

olliebean

Already two episodes deep in the new series.

Replies From View

Have they kept the 90s graphics for the opening titles?