Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Vow (True crime/cult hbo documentary)

Started by thugler, September 09, 2020, 05:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Find it weird that Wild Wild Country was relatively ignored by the standards of these things. much more interesting cult doc

phes

100%. The story behind that was fascinating and jaw dropping in so many respects. It set me off exploring and reading more about the main players and events. I'll probably rewatch that at some point.

thugler

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 27, 2020, 12:14:38 AM
Find it weird that Wild Wild Country was relatively ignored by the standards of these things. much more interesting cult doc

Yeah absolutely loved this. Had so much more going for it and the people were far more sympathetic. If you discount the cult stuff and yuppy element it was impressive what they achieved and makes you wonder what is possible. Obviously Osho himself was a bit of a tit.

badaids

The Seduced series on Starz is much much better than the other one.  It's more logical, focused and structured.  There's also a few bits and pieces of dirt on Mark Vicente and the people who made and are in the Netflix one.  If you want to find out more choose the Seduced one.

badaids

Keith Raniere sentenced to 120 years in prison.

Fuck me imagine having to share a cell with the cunt.

Neomod

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 27, 2020, 12:14:38 AM

Thanks for this. I'm on episode 3 and it's mad.

Quote from: thugler on October 26, 2020, 10:24:34 AM
The Nxivm on trial one was interesting on coverage of the trial itself week by week. There's a scientology one 'fair game' which I heard Vicente interviewed on, also heard him interviewed on 'indoctriNation' haven't heard other episodes of either. Qanon anonymous is a good one about the qanon nonsense. That's all that I'm aware of, but there must be loads out there

Thanks thugler will look out for these.

Retinend

Bumping this thread after a year in case there are other NXIVM media followers curious to see this: it's an interview with cult member Niki Clyne, appearing on a weird alt right (read: nazi-adjacent) wannabe news platform, "I, Hypocrite" to spread pro-Keith propaganda

https://youtu.be/ho7sP0mX-qk?t=452
Sex Wars 044: Inside NXIVM w/ Nicki Clyne
4,879 viewsStreamed live on Jul 28, 2021

Retinend

also, there's this if you haven't seen it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNHo2XAZ2NE
What The Bleep Do We Know? (FULL MOVIE)
126,292 viewsNov 4, 2018

absolute grave

Retinend

Quote from: Retinend on October 24, 2021, 11:41:49 AM
Bumping this thread after a year in case there are other NXIVM media followers curious to see this: it's an interview with cult member Niki Clyne, appearing on a weird alt right (read: nazi-adjacent) wannabe news platform, "I, Hypocrite" to spread pro-Keith propaganda

https://youtu.be/ho7sP0mX-qk?t=452
Sex Wars 044: Inside NXIVM w/ Nicki Clyne
4,879 viewsStreamed live on Jul 28, 2021

An even better example of right wing media platforming this cult and its propaganda, because the interviewer here (Dilbert creator and Trumpist, Scott Adams) is utterly credulous and can't WAIT to believe her every word:

"so you're saything that there was no sex involved in being in DOS"
"correct"
"were they sexual necessarily, or sexual sometimes?"
"never"
"never? Boy, that is so mischaracterized in the media! Complete fake news."

(trust me, he's not being sarcastic)

https://youtu.be/0IuzPI-Nx14?t=2335
Talking to Nicki Clyne about her experience with NXIVM and the trial of Keith Ranieri
65,129 viewsOct 26, 2020