Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:56:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2021

Started by dr beat, January 03, 2021, 03:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigamus

Goodness me but he is the cunt's cunt isn't he

druss

Doing his best to lose all the good will he somehow managed to accrue at last year's world championships. Hopefully every interview will remind people what a cunt he is.

jobotic

Only saw the last frame but enjoyed that very much. The blue not going on was delightful.

If I'd have known that whine was to come I'd have enjoyed it even more. What an arsehole.

The Culture Bunker

I went to bed at 5-2 with it looking likely to go 5-3 and Murphy to get it over the line, so amused to wake up to this news.

Has there always been a few amateurs in this tournament? Wondering if the whinge is a case of "I was OK with this, until it personally affected me!"

sevendaughters

Murphy played a qualifier for the British Open in 2019. Of golf. Absolute state.

buttgammon

One of the worst people in any sport, absolute shitbaggery. Imagine professional footballers losing to a bunch of part-timers in the FA Cup and saying "as plumbers and carpenters, they don't understand the pressures and concerns of professional footballers" - they would rightly be ridiculed and told to fuck off.

imitationleather

Those are some absolutely amazing sour grapes from yer man Murphy.

sevendaughters

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 24, 2021, 07:48:55 AMHas there always been a few amateurs in this tournament? Wondering if the whinge is a case of "I was OK with this, until it personally affected me!"

The tournament is a 128 field - the exact size of the Pro tour - but dropouts happen so they make up the numbers with tour card near misses, young prospects, and wildcards.

jobotic

We have the words "Shaun Murphy", "grapes" and "arsehole" in this page of the thread now.

It's putting me off my cueing!

imitationleather

Quote from: jobotic on November 24, 2021, 09:14:44 AMWe have the words "Shaun Murphy", "grapes" and "arsehole" in this page of the thread now.

It's putting me off my cueing!

An amateur doesn't have to play with those kinds of worries.

DrGreggles

Presumably Murphy voiced these concerns before he lost too?

Blue Jam

Christ what an absolute penis.

buttgammon

Quote from: DrGreggles on November 24, 2021, 09:20:47 AMPresumably Murphy voiced these concerns before he lost too?

He must've been devastated when James Cahill famously beat Ronnie O'Sullivan in the World Championship. I'm sure he definitely made comment at the time and didn't only find this a problem when an amateur beat him.

shoulders

Hahahaha, amazing.

HEAD GONE

The plea to need to be putting food on the table is laughable, not only because he's a fat cunt but the idea he needs the win more than the amateur does.

Glad AIDS has reminded everyone once again what a total bellend he is.

shoulders

QuoteThis is our livelihood. This is how I put food on the table. This is how I earn money. Since turning professional at 15, I have earned the right to call myself a professional snooker player. He hasn't done that. He shouldn't be on the table

Hope the amateur Si can grab a few more scalps in this tournament, maybe even use this as motivation to go professional.

Murphy should be worrying about losing to someone who isn't even in the top 128 tbh.

imitationleather

It's another really amazing insight into what a petty and awful person he must be in day-to-day life.

sevendaughters

to be fair I have seen Ronnie say similar, about how lower ranked players treat those matches like it is their FA Cup final and that is somehow unfair. I actually don't get their mentality at all. Just fucking beat them.

there was no money for losing in rd1 so Si was literally playing for 2 months of sustenance on tour. Murphy will be in Dublin living as a tax exile by tonight. Absolute shitehawk.

buttgammon

I keep forgetting he lives in Dublin. I really hope I see him being rude to a waiter or shop assistant so I can point out that he's not a professional in their trade and therefore needs to pipe the fuck down.

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: https://www.instagram.com/p/CWpEkkqIPT6/

This is peak AIDS. He was injured. His opponent shouldn't have been allowed to play. He tried his best. He turned up. He nearly beat the amateur who shouldn't have been allowed to play. He posed for pictures and signed autographs. Give him some respect! Or some money. Please.

pigamus

First the cunt act, then the martyr act

A dildo nonpareil

jobotic

Oh here he goes, playing the cunt card. Wondered when that would come out.

Rolf Lundgren

It's like all those non league clubs who win the FA Cup because all that lack of pressure and concerns means they can easily smite the Premier League teams.

shoulders

shoulders

I, Shaun Murphy had my leg mangled after a car crash then decided to embark on a 7 round snooker tournament because I have kids here and mouths to feed, who is going to put food on the table, not some amateur who shouldn't be on the table, 25 years in the game, me. In the end you can't just come out and say I should die.

shoulders

Si is 19 as well, not some washed up 40 something keeping his eye in down the working men's club on a glory run. He is actually trying to make it as a professional and totally possible he could go on to have a career entirely as valid as anyone else in the lower rankings. Entirely valid for Si to be plugging away and taking the opportunities that come his way.

Sums up the absolute dipshit Murphy while he tries to manufacture a tv personality for punditry after retirement, perfecting the gallant loser speeches to get the crowd onside, all the while a monstrous tosspot with - let's not forget this - hardly any visible face.

buttgammon

Si has played as a professional in the past, having got through the Q School a couple of years ago, so it's not like some rando from your local snooker club getting a bye into the UK Championship. Even if that's what happened, it would be up to this cunt to beat him.

shoulders

Absolutely. I bet Shaun Murphy over uses soap, liquid soap, his hands are never truly dry, always clammy with sterile fragrance. He inspects other players fingernails to establish superiority.

'I can't believe that no mark is in a Blue Riband ranking event with thousands of punters in the room with that speck of grit under his right middle. Shocking display, you'd be gutted wouldn't you but not him oh no boy siree. Of course muggins here has to beat him now just to ensure standards are maintained'

mippy

Is there any cue action on regular TV at the moment? I was away during the Bolton tournament - one which we were thinking of getting tickets for, decided not to as at that point it wasn't clear whether any travel would be possible by then, and ended up spending the week overseas watching NFL in sports bars. I didn't think they'd let us put the snooker on.

bgmnts

Incredible whinging from the horrible cunt.