Mapple MyPad?

Mapple MyPad
Mapple MyPad
Mapple MyPad
Mapplethorpe
Mapple MyPad

Voting closes: December 24, 2021, 08:55:16 AM

idunnosomename

Quote from: Mobbd on November 22, 2021, 11:54:16 AMThat's a very odd choice. It actually suggests to me that this isn't even a true crossover. I would have thought this whole stunt had been originated by the Sinister House of Mouse, but now I wonder if it was Team Simpsons trying to do a thing.
yeah, that's basically what I'm saying. the Simpsons production staff clearly like doing them, they've done a Star Wars one, then a Marvel one, and now they've done this. they have so few ideas that Disney is happy to allow them to use their intellectual properties in this garish way. it's just a mutual business agreement, probably to make a series of exclusive shorts for the purpose of advertising Disney+: but it's entirely up to the Simpsons staff what they come up with.

bet you the Disney board will have viewed an animatic of it before the animation proper was produced, and probably got a couple risque gags cut, but otherwise it'll have been produced like any Simpsons episode is now (dont know if they still outsource inbetweening and that overseas anymore)

thr0b

Aye. It was produced and commissioned by Disney to advertise Disney+ to Disney+ subscribers on the occasion of the second anniversary (or something) of Disney+.

It was entirely shit, as something conceived and developed to be corporate shilling would usually be.

The best thing, as ever with modern Simpsons was not the plot, it was the credits. The end credits had some excellent Simpsons-style Disney art. But I can find that thing on Tumblr if I was so inclined.

neov1974

Baby You Can't Drive My Car
Season 30 episode 5

first born was watching this earlier, I usually avoid paying any attention to any new ones, but couldn't help notice that there were a) some jokes and b) it coulda been worse