Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

矢野顕子 (Akiko Yano) - ただいま。(I'm Home)

Started by hummingofevil, January 23, 2021, 01:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Sin Agog on January 31, 2021, 10:33:08 AM
OK, let's do this. I undeleted my account just because the existence of this thread was eating away at me (it's nothing to do with y'all- this place is just too diverting if anything). To say ta ta, here's a bombardment of wonderful '80s J-Poop and Techno Kayo, from the beautifully ethereal to treacly synthscapes to straightforward, sparky pop to mildly annoying herky-jerky ear-inveiglers.  Cheers to everyone for being so fucking decent!

I've been going through these links for the last few days and they are gorgeous. This is an all-time post in Oscillations, a pro-click plus.

Just popping back here as I've had an akiko resurgence in the last few weeks...her albums I'm Home and (I think it translates as) There Must Be Love must be the pieces of music I've listened to and adored the most this year...atm I'm listening to the must be love one over and over with my enjoyment of it not diminishing at all but getting fonderits breathtaking to think it was made in the early 80s at times, wonderfully fearless and experimental but also sugary glorious pop.

I love her, and thanks to this thread for illuminating her to me

The Mollusk

I also have this thread to thank. I found I'm Home in a record shop after hearing the tunes and snapped it up, I adore the artwork and was very pleased to find it!

If anyone is near Reckless Records in London they've got a bunch of her stuff on CD, was in there this afternoon.

GoblinAhFuckScary

ah mate!!! i want those!!!

i'm not going to self promote but i am actually starting a radio show named after an akiko tune