Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crisps [split topic]

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, January 22, 2021, 11:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Slightly off topic, being laxative ovals rather than crisps, but just noticed that Pringles have changed their look:

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/Pringles

Replies From View

Quote from: Malcy on November 10, 2021, 10:29:40 AM
Co-op is back to bare shelves again. Last week all they had were Tomato Walkers. This week it's only Ready Salted.

Customers love red

Or they hate it and that's why they are still on the shelves when everything else has gone.  Don't know

Hope this helps

Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on November 10, 2021, 11:17:32 AM
Slightly off topic, being laxative ovals rather than crisps, but just noticed that Pringles have changed their look:

https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/Pringles

Must be a cost cutting exercise.  Strip out all that prime brown moustache just like they blanch all the potato out of their oval starch patties

Icehaven

Where do Pringles get off being so expensive? Fucking £2.50 a can sometimes, what?! They're always on offer somewhere too so there hardly seems to be any point charging so much as surely hardly anyone ever buys them when they're full price.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: icehaven on November 10, 2021, 01:03:29 PM
Where do Pringles get off being so expensive? Fucking £2.50 a can sometimes, what?! They're always on offer somewhere too so there hardly seems to be any point charging so much as surely hardly anyone ever buys them when they're full price.

Like supermarket wine, they are deliberately overpriced for periods so that when they appear for the low low price of £1.50 customers think they are getting a deal, rather than what's actually happening which is paying the RRP and receiving no discount whatsoever. A loss leader technique but with no loss, all artifice.

Cuntbeaks

Even Elton John would balk at paying £2.50 for a tube of Pringles.

buttgammon

I'm proud to say that in my 31 years, I have never paid full price for Pringles, not even once.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on November 10, 2021, 01:31:27 PM
Even Elton John would balk at paying £2.50 for a tube of Pringles.

Making me nostalgic for the time when they were referred to as a "pipe of Pringles" rather than a simple "tube".

Saw this in B&M yesterday:

Can't even begin to imagine the sort of person that would relish the idea of eating 40g of Pringles each day for 24 days running. The amount of plastic waste from 24 lids is absolutely catastrophic as well. Deso in a box.

Icehaven

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on November 10, 2021, 02:42:57 PM

Can't even begin to imagine the sort of person that would relish the idea of eating 40g of Pringles each day for 24 days running. The amount of plastic waste from 24 lids is absolutely catastrophic as well. Deso in a box.

That must be huge, for an advent calendar I mean. I know they're the little cans but even so, 24 of them stacked 4x3x2, that must be at least a foot tall. Fill your house with cardboard and crisps.

Glebe

That's everything wrong with Western culture right there.

seepage

Thread drift, but last year's Lizza no carbs Advent calendar was 4 foot tall.

Malcy

Quote from: icehaven on November 10, 2021, 01:03:29 PM

A whopping £3.30 in my local Co-Op at the moment!

seepage

Used to be two for £2. Actually, I found it pays to always buy two of anything in the Co-op as there's often an offer on two of something that's not advertised on the shelf.

Quote from: icehaven on November 10, 2021, 02:57:18 PM
That must be huge, for an advent calendar I mean. I know they're the little cans but even so, 24 of them stacked 4x3x2, that must be at least a foot tall. Fill your house with cardboard and crisps.

Yeah, it's pretty hefty. They had them stacked up on pallets. According to the Amazon listing I got that pic from, it's ‎44.1 x 30.1 x 16.6 cm. You'd need a very deep mantlepiece.

Steven88

Needs more flavours.

itsfredtitmus

not for me though I like it

Glebe

Gonna order a load of these on Amazon to sell to friends at a knock-down price. Sharing all the way!

imitationleather

Why no prawn cocktail Pringles in that advent calendar?

They don't do a prawn cocktail mini-pipe.

TrenterPercenter

Btw nowt to do with crisps but an example of the kind of mind you are dealing with when I moan about my old man.

My other half likes gin and tonic (who doesn't? - stand down man with Droopy voice), anyhoo so my old man bought her a gin advent calendar for her Birthday........in May.  So he either bought a xmas advent calendar and sat on it until May or (and more likely) he bought an advent calendar when they were knocked down in price after xmas and saved it until May to give it her.

One option raises the "is he that unwell" eyebrow, the other "you cheap bastard" eyebrow.

It's not a terrible present 24 miniatures of decent enough gin but he could have wrapped them up in something else or just thought about how giving someone an advent calendar in May might look but, like I say, that is the kind of mind you are dealing with.

Blumf

Are the numbers giving away the flavour for each day? They won't even let you have that one little bit of surprise?

Blumf

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 10, 2021, 05:16:41 PM
My other half likes gin and tonic (who doesn't? - stand down man with Droopy voice), anyhoo so my old man bought her a gin advent calendar for her Birthday

Could have given it to her 24 days before her birthday. That might have been jolly.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blumf on November 10, 2021, 05:19:55 PM
Could have given it to her 24 days before her birthday. That might have been jolly.

This is nothing one year he bought me some "Simpson's money" which was literally some fake notes with some badly draw Simpson characters on it, glued to a piece of cardboard and framed, something he likely bought at a car boot sale for a "bargain price" no doubt (28 I was![nb]not true probably about 15 but still[/nb]).  I've coped with this over the years chuckling about how life was literally imitating art in regards to the Itchy and Scratchy money joke from that episode with Itchy and Scratchy Land.  This is him, hmmm thinking about starting a thread on all of the mad things my dad has done over the years (like when for some reason he started collecting car batteries that he was going to flog and ended up melting all of our cutlery in the house).

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 10, 2021, 10:23:43 AM
NO. Bought a multi-pack of Snackrite ready salted, maybe I got a bad batch but they had a stale quality to them that was unacceptable. Yes they were kept out of direct sunlight in a dry place as well.
...Tory

monkfromhavana

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on November 12, 2021, 06:23:15 AM
...Tory

It wouldn't surprise me if the Chairman of Snackrite was a Tory. That man has no respect for crisps.

Icehaven

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on November 10, 2021, 05:16:41 PM
Btw nowt to do with crisps but an example of the kind of mind you are dealing with when I moan about my old man.

My other half likes gin and tonic (who doesn't? - stand down man with Droopy voice), anyhoo so my old man bought her a gin advent calendar for her Birthday........in May.  So he either bought a xmas advent calendar and sat on it until May or (and more likely) he bought an advent calendar when they were knocked down in price after xmas and saved it until May to give it her.

One option raises the "is he that unwell" eyebrow, the other "you cheap bastard" eyebrow.

It's not a terrible present 24 miniatures of decent enough gin but he could have wrapped them up in something else or just thought about how giving someone an advent calendar in May might look but, like I say, that is the kind of mind you are dealing with.

You may be related to a guy I very briefly went out with in the early 2000s. He liked chocolate, and for his April birthday his family sent him a box of chocolate santas that they'd presumably picked up in the January sales as they had that nice powdery patina that old chocolate gets. He didn't think it was strange so was presumably used to such thoughtfulness.

Blumf

It! Never! Ends!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/live-updates-large-fire-breaks-6197881
QuoteA large fire had broken out at the Walkers Crisps factory on an industrial estate in Leicester.

Nine crews from fire stations across the city and county, including the aerial platform ladder, were called to the incident, in Beaumont Leys, shortly before 11am today (Friday November 12).

This would have never happened if they'd just used the correct colours for Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This is no time for sentimentality. This is time for Golden Wonder to fight back

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Blumf on November 13, 2021, 01:00:57 PM
It! Never! Ends!

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/live-updates-large-fire-breaks-6197881
This would have never happened if they'd just used the correct colours for Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion.

I bet their fire extinguishers are incorrectly colour coded as well.