Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmoney

Jr seems very tired tonight. He's already said "Four Pillows" instead of pillars and keeps going on little flights of fancy.

Deanjam

There was a couple of really good false finishes there. Another good match.

up_the_hampipe

That finish was not good, but the match was otherwise great.

Deanjam

The most undeserved 'this is awesome' chant I've heard in ages.

gmoney

Grueling match. Nice change of pace after the last couple. 

Deanjam

I didn't care for that match at all. Miro bores me when he's not killing people in 5 minutes.

gmoney

gmoney

Maybe five minutes too long, but that was a lot of fun. I'm slightly worried this crowd are going to burn out way before the main event.

Deanjam

Deanjam

Gurke and Hare

gmoney

That was enjoyable, but seemed to be building to something that never came.

gmoney

gmoney

gmoney

Think I'm talking just to myself now, but blimey, that CM Punk/Kingston match was a spectacle.

Mobius

Yeah that was really good, and the shortest match so far.

Deanjam

I missed the six man and women's title match as I spilled a tin of paint on the floor. Teach me for painting at 3 in the morning. Anyway, that was fun. Punk still can't do the G2S properly! Good on Eddie for not shaking hands. Sells the hate well.

gmoney

I'm glad to be completely wrong about the crowd burning out.

Deanjam

gmoney

I can't believe they did half of that shit. They really didn't need to.

Deanjam

That was fun silly bollocks. Nice tribute to Eddie Guerrera on the finish.

Deanjam

I can't think of another wrestler I have no interest in, who is massively over like Hangman Page. It's baffling to me. But this should be his moment.

gmoney

Yeah, I kind of like him, but he does'n do much for me. I honestly hope Omega retains, but it's probably not going to happen. Page will be a decent champion, like, but he's no Kenny. I want to see Omega have title matches with Danielson, Punk, Miro, everyone. Can't say the same for Hangman.

Deanjam

Enjoyed that match. Could've done without the Bucks sticking their ore in, mind.

gmoney

Yeah it was decent. I think MJF Vs Derby was match of the night.

Ja'moke

Bucks moment was perfect to me. Two years ago they turned down Hangman when he asked them to second him for his title match. This time they were out there for him. That and him turning down the beer from DO and going for the hug instead. Just perfect.

Cracking ppv. Only "weak" match for me was the Cody tag (which I thought would be a show stealer), mostly because all the "can they co-exist" stuff messed with the pacing. But even that still had its moments.

Spode

Not sure how I feel about it overall. Was obviously really good, with some excellent matches (MJF Darby match of the night I thought) but a lot of it underdelivered, without being bad, I thought.

Meltzer on WOR currently saying everything bar one match was 4 stars and the main event was one of the best matches you're ever going to see which feels way off.

Gurke and Hare

Well, I loved it all, and while some matches weren't as good as others there was absolutely nothing bad there. I particularly liked that after the last PPV was quite heavily based around surprise appearances, beyond the brief bit with Jay Lethal there was nothing like that, it was all about the wrestling.

I liked that the provided an explanation for how it was specifically a Minneapolis street fight.

I liked that the first person to kick out of the OWA in AEW was Kenny himself.

Ja'moke

Definitely agree that I'm glad they left the wrestling and talent speak for itself for the most part, outside of the brief Jay Lethal bit, which was a cool but relatively subdued debut.

The focus was on the in-ring and the stories AEW has been telling the past months, and, in Hangman and Kenny's case, past couple of years.

And I'm glad that's how it was. You don't want to rely on the big surprise debuts at every ppv or otherwise people will come to expect it, and then when it doesn't happen, it could taint people's perception. This show didn't need it, especially when the next ppv is likely to have a big Kevin Owens debut.

Deanjam

Seems that Lethal was implicated in the Me Too accusations, with at least two female wrestlers accusing him of conspiring against them when they refused to sleep with him. So, great pick up Tony!