Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:47:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021: The Big Thread Machine

Started by madhair60, March 07, 2021, 08:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Yeah, I vaguely remember that. Apparently ROH investigated it but nothing came of it. And he's still been wrestling with ROH ever since.

There's other talent I'd have picked from ROH (Gresham, Bandido, Adora) before Lethal.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Deanjam on November 14, 2021, 02:49:56 PM
Seems that Lethal was implicated in the Me Too accusations, with at least two female wrestlers accusing him of conspiring against them when they refused to sleep with him. So, great pick up Tony!

Maybe he was just doing his Ric Flair impression.

elliszeroed

Quote"Aubrey Edwards is very fan friendly, very talented, she has one of the slowest ten counts I've ever seen in my life."

Thanks, JR. The strangest thing I heard tonight from commentary. Except maybe pillows.

Spiteface

And he said "Daniel Bryan" twice.

Although to be fair, CM Punk slipped up like that on commentary a few weeks ago. Speaking of Punk, what was up with those shorts? Great match with Kingston, but the shorts were almost distracting.

stonkers

Darby's 30 year old goth gimmick is a bit tiresome.

Timothy

Great PPV. Darby MJF match of the night, couldn't have predicted that.

Only disappointment was Danielson winning over Miro.

Magnum Valentino

Mind Punk wore shorts for a bit near the end of his WWE run? It was one of his big gripes on that massive podcast tell-all he did with Colt Cabana, that he wasn't allowed to wear 'fight shorts' and had wanted to for a while, and when Bork came back he was wearing them from day one.

Thought his Full Gear gear was gear and the match was ace.

BeardFaceMan

https://twitter.com/theadampage/status/1460377103384330245?s=21

Really enjoyed Hangman's press release, "please God don't make him fight Wardlow and his big muscle tits again" made me laugh.

Ja'moke

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 15, 2021, 11:01:52 PM
https://twitter.com/theadampage/status/1460377103384330245?s=21

Really enjoyed Hangman's press release, "please God don't make him fight Wardlow and his big muscle tits again" made me laugh.

Stuff like this is why I love Hangman. Funny, full of little details, putting multiple people over while doing so, and in an industry full of arseholes, seems like a genuinely good guy.

Spiteface

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on November 15, 2021, 08:17:39 PM
Mind Punk wore shorts for a bit near the end of his WWE run? It was one of his big gripes on that massive podcast tell-all he did with Colt Cabana, that he wasn't allowed to wear 'fight shorts' and had wanted to for a while, and when Bork came back he was wearing them from day one.

There was a lot of that. He'd approach the office with things, get told no, only to see it go to someone else anyway. Brock still had sponsors from his UFC though.

I think the long tights would look better in the same colour scheme as the shorts, though. Bit more contrast.

Custard

I highly recommend Virgil's Instagram. The meat sauce God brings the gold every day
https://instagram.com/realvirgil

I especially enjoyed him meeting Brooke Hogan and standing on his tippy toes to not look so short next to her, and his joy at seeing Shawn Michaels has gone bald

Ja'moke

QuotePWInsider: "The word making the rounds is that Kenny Omega may be out for an extended period of time from in-ring action as he's likely looking at shoulder surgery. The hope is they will have some clarity on that within the week."

Old Thrashbarg

Wonder if that's something he's been holding off on until losing the title? Doesn't seem to have limited his work at all if that is the case.

John Silver and Peter Avalon had a great match on Dark. Would like to see Avalon get more of a push as he's an entertaining character and decent worker, but I can't think of a decent way of doing that given his role/character.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on November 17, 2021, 05:41:51 PM
Wonder if that's something he's been holding off on until losing the title? Doesn't seem to have limited his work at all if that is the case.

Yeah, he's said he's been having shoulder issues for a while, and also has been wrestling with vertigo since 2018! That's insane to me.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on November 17, 2021, 05:41:51 PM
Would like to see Avalon get more of a push as he's an entertaining character

He's great.

Mobius

NXT 2.0 didn't even chart in the top 50 shows this week.

This week: 574,000 / .11
Last week: 603,000 / .15
Last year : 638,000 / .14
Two years ago this week: 916,000 / .30

Rebrand going brilliantly!

Ja'moke

up_the_hampipe

CM Punk & MJF feud? I'm excited and concerned about these upcoming promos. MJF can hit below the belt and Punk is a flight risk. Still, gimme.

Ja'moke

This is a Dynamite where everything is hitting. Great matches, great promos, great crowd. And teases of some interesting new feuds.

Mobius

Missing Dynamite because I'm stuck at work :( but I'm excited to hear it's good and looking forward to catching up in a few hours!

Mobius

Every single promo and match was great. A fucking excellent show.

boki

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on November 17, 2021, 05:41:51 PMJohn Silver and Peter Avalon had a great match on Dark. Would like to see Avalon get more of a push as he's an entertaining character and decent worker, but I can't think of a decent way of doing that given his role/character.
An actual feud between Pretty Peter and Johnny Hungee would be a license to print money.

Ja'moke

Someone on Reddit pointed out how the next few shows are in Dark Order home towns. Colt in Chicago next week, then to Georgia where Alan Angels is from, and then to Long Island where Silver & Reynolds are from. So easy for Bryan to play the heel as he continues to run through the group.

I assume this was the story meant for Mox (which started with him viciously beating down 10 a few weeks back). So I imagine it might not be a full-time heel turn for Bryan; however, I think he'll be so good at it that they'll end up keeping him heel afterwards.

Gurke and Hare

Bryan is so good. I was aware of him from vaguely half-watching WWE and he was obviously the best thing on there, but now he's in a promo I watch all the time he's just absolutely blown me away. That opening segment last night was fantastic - I especially liked the way you could tell that everyone involved was having the time of their life.

BeardFaceMan

It's been a few years since I watched Bryan regularly in WWE but he has a fire and an intensity about everything he's doing right now that I don't really recall seeing in him before. It's always a joy seeing someone who is so over and being cheered getting the crowd to boo the shit out of them and last night was a masterclass.

Ja'moke

The fuck is going on. They JUST called up Hit Row!!

Can't believe they cut Swerve. He's a star.