Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2021: Paedoph with the England test team

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, August 06, 2021, 04:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just realised with the men and women's teams, Southern Brave men's team is described on the results SOUTHERN BRAVE MEN

Hahaha

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58169608

Broad and Anderson doubtful for the next test. I suggest both won't play given it's tomorrow.

Mahmood potentially debuting is exciting, Overton in as cover definitely isn't, however he is probably equally capable of scoring 25 runs as our batsmen.

Maybe

8. Curran
9. Wood
10. Robinson
11. Mahmood

Isn't terrible but Curran did fuck all. Maybe put Ali at 8 and tell Robinson and Mahmood to get ready to bend their backs.

Chedney Honks

I would go for either option there, no worries. I think if we can't score 600 in the match, it doesn't matter much who's bowling.

sevendaughters

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I've just seen that England have only given 10 pace bowlers test debuts since 2011. 7 of them have played no more than 4 tests. Which shows that's not been the problem area.

By contrast we have given 28 batsmen/wk batsmen debuts in the same period. Nearly 3 new batsmen every summer. Unreal.

In the previous 10 year window, 2001-2011 only 15 batsmen/wk batsmen were given test debuts.

poo

Inspector Norse

Anderson's fine, it's just a bluff to fuck with Kohli's head

Harry Badger

Looks like you're right, he's currently warming up on the outfield.

iamcoop

You just know that had it come to it, the squares would've picked Overton over Mahmood.

They should pick Anderson and then he can breakdown after a few overs. Always go for the funny.

iamcoop

sevendaughters

I love Hameed and want only the best for him but I have to say this lineup looks like it has rickets.

gilbertharding

According to TMS it's been three years since Moeen Ali played a red ball match.

Thursday

God how many wickets down would England be right now?

iamcoop

This is gonna be ultimate paed fuckdown isn't it?

Imagine us getting to 100 for no loss.

Cuellar

poo

SEPSIS BOYZ BAT AND BALL BONGO: INSERT-O-CHILD SPECIAL, SUMMER '21

druss

If you win the toss and bat first you win more often than not.

On the surface, this decision to let India bat first would seem to be incorrect, but what do I know?

Thursday

Better off not getting a wicket at this point. Keep the run rate slow until India have to declare.

rjd2

Rahane or Pujara interesting to see who India decide to bin first.

jobotic

Guardian's coverage would make you think England are well on top. Wanking themselves raw about Anderson.

badaids

Quote from: druss on August 12, 2021, 03:29:08 PM
If you win the toss and bat first you win more often than not.

On the surface, this decision to let India bat first would seem to be incorrect, but what do I know?

It's a staggering decision from professionals cricketers playing at the highest level. Thousands of first class games over the years show that batting first is the thing to do.  It nearly always goes awry when you put the opposition in.

Cuellar

Kohli should declare now.

Can't see The Wraiths getting anywhere near this.

Chedney Honks

Edit: Offensive to all humans, past and future.

badaids

The advert about kids with dead parents was welcome relief from the cricket to be honest.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Root just didn't want to expose Paedkrew to the first session of batting conditions. New ball and overcast, which to be fair did look extremely tough, but the surface itself looks pretty dull and placid.

Got to say it was a mistake. Sides who can't bat often end up making the wrong choice. That said, Kohli said he'd have bowled if he won the toss, but that might just be because he can tell England bat boys are dog eggs.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Got to say great innings by Rahul, has gone up the gears, known when to defend and attack unlike the shitpile openers we have.

Thursday

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 12, 2021, 06:22:39 PM
Got to say great innings by Rahul, has gone up the gears, known when to defend and attack unlike the shitpile openers we have.

The thing is, it's not just about knowing when, it's about knowing how. Sibley doesn't seem to have the ability to go up a gear. Burns will try to play defensively, but he rarely looks steady.