Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Fantasy Football 2021 - 2022

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 09, 2021, 10:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Is he certain to start though? I've got a feeling they'll field a lesser team and he'll be on the bench and brought on in the last 20 or something.

Although to be fair he could smash many goals against Newcastle in 20 minutes.

chveik

ronaldo is obsessed by his stats, he will want to start every game, take all the pens/free kicks...

holyzombiejesus

Already got rid of Bruno and brought Son in. Got a bit of change left so may sell DCL or Antonio and Greenwood to bring in CR and Grey at Everton. Like the idea of Lukaku, Antonio and Ronaldo (this coming from someone who was going to go defence and midfielder heavy this year) with Son sat behind them but it won't leave me much wriggle room if I want to make changes later in the season. Think I'll at least save 4 points by waiting for the next game week and hoping Ronaldo just makes a brief cameo against Newcastle. Am I about to make a terrible mistake?

phes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 04, 2021, 01:29:52 PMhoping Ronaldo just makes a brief cameo against Newcastle. Am I about to make a terrible mistake?

For it to be a terrible mistake you're looking at Ronaldo hitting a big score and whoever you own instead blanking. Lukaku has Aston Villa, Salah has Leeds. You'd be unlucky for that to happen. United have to adjust to Ronaldo. Ronaldo will demand to have the ball and that means they'll have to turn their approach upside down in tactic and potentially in personnel. That will take several games. Ronaldo may not even start against Newcastle. Ronaldo is a bit of a flat track bully, so if you don't own him then just assume you're forgoing some points from him.. After that, United's fixtures deteriorate. This could be an unsettled period for United and with Ronaldo's ego it could turn sour if they struggle to play to his strengths.

Looking at the natural striking contender in Lukaku (discounting Kane for the moment as almost nobody is on him yet) he looks absolutely made for that team and I've rarely felt more confident about a player. He's also £1m cheaper. So that's reassuring. In midfield, his natural contender is Salah (unless you consider Bruno an option - I'm going with a no), who scores a point more per goal and a point more per clean sheet. Over a season that's a 30-40 point head start, before you even consider captain points

TL:DR

Ronaldo a fine option but absolutely not scared about not owning him. Relishing going into the next period where not owning him could be a differential

Lost Oliver

The results of my WC for the time being. Might shift Ederson but I like the idea of having a city defensive player who never gets dropped and love the idea of just sticking with one keeper every week. Could switch to Sanchez and get Diaz in but it's a risk. Also want Christensen but can't afford him.

Ederson
Alexander-Arnold
White
Shaw
Jansson
Torres
Salah
Benrahma
Greenwood
Ronaldo
Antonio

Gunn
Dennis
Sissoko
Williams

phes

After saying I was relishing going into this period without Ronaldo and that two premium strikers was a stretch, I'm looking at an about turn. I'm not convinced it's necessary at all to own him. But also concerned that one double digit return and his price explodes in one week. On balance I think i'd rather the risk of meh and downgrade than the more difficult alternative

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: phes on September 08, 2021, 11:43:44 PM
After saying I was relishing going into this period without Ronaldo and that two premium strikers was a stretch, I'm looking at an about turn. I'm not convinced it's necessary at all to own him. But also concerned that one double digit return and his price explodes in one week. On balance I think i'd rather the risk of meh and downgrade than the more difficult alternative

Don't they have a rule that price increases only occur a certain amount of weeks after an international break or a player being introduced? Sure I read something like that on one of the FF forums. I'm buying him as I get my next free transfer to hopefully still get him at 12.5.

phes

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 09, 2021, 12:36:41 PM
Don't they have a rule that price increases only occur a certain amount of weeks after an international break or a player being introduced? Sure I read something like that on one of the FF forums. I'm buying him as I get my next free transfer to hopefully still get him at 12.5.

His price will be frozen until around the time he plays. Even with high ownership it will likely rise v quickly if he returns. It's always been the way with united players because of their fanbase and it being a big name will exacerbate that

Lost Oliver

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on September 09, 2021, 12:37:17 PM
Think he'll struggle to get minutes

I think he's fine short term. If he continues to score they can't drop him. Plus I think he's class

Lost Oliver

How much longer can I presist with Jiménez? I want to believe he'll recover but deep down I think he's gone.

Lost Oliver

DenzilHolles

'Soyuncu be at work' - Stop getting everything right you dirty little sod. ( Love from Tin Pot Rovers).