Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:25:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nice v Marseille

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 24, 2021, 09:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Saw this on Youtube - fans storming the pitch after one of the players retaliated to a missile be thrown at him, the match being abandoned.

I know we have a big thread for football but as a non-football fan was fascinated by how quickly this game collapsed.

Apparently fans were throwing water bottles as well as other missiles at the players throughout the game. Why? Are they just hooligans?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSZ3S9lHOUI

amateur

Fair play, I'd invade the pitch too if I saw that appalling Marseille kit.

Psybro

They're an honest bunch of lads and they'll be disappointed they weren't at the level.

chveik

Kankurette

Everton fans: "Why can't OUR fans be this passionate?"

Butchers Blind

More of this please. I know from this here forum cricket is trying to shake things up with the 100 and paedophilia, so I think football needs to up the ante with more player/crowd interaction.

JamesTC

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 24, 2021, 10:19:19 AM
More of this please. I know from this here forum cricket is trying to shake things up with the 100 and paedophilia, so I think football needs to up the ante with more player/crowd interaction.

The prem has had a couple of nonces too. Allegedly.

GMTV

Quote from: Butchers Blind on August 24, 2021, 10:19:19 AM

Of course if you're really wanting to talk Nonce Sense you'll have to venture up north to celtic football club

Poobum

Ironically they were not very Marseille fans at all.

phantom_power

Fun that it was ex-West Ham lazybum Dimitri Payet that kicked it all off

studpuppet

In recommending mode, if you liked this, you'll LOVE the Malice At The Palace on Netflix.

It's a doco about the Pacers-Pistons brawl in 2004, and it interviews all the different viewpoints from the players, coaches and members of the crowd.

When I went to see PSG vs Marseille back in 2013, flares, firecrackers & thunderflashes were being thrown from one of the ends.

JamesTC

Quote from: A Hat Like That on August 24, 2021, 01:28:47 PM
When I went to see PSG vs Marseille back in 2013, flares, firecrackers & thunderflashes were being thrown from one of the ends.

Which end?

PSG had both ends for home fans, although the two sets of fans really didn't seem to like each other either. The Marseille fans were down the side, in a corner, with netting over them to stop the various missiles hitting them.