Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:01:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Will you have a 3rd ‘booster’ jab?

Started by vanilla.coffee, September 14, 2021, 10:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

MrsMoth just had her booster. Moderna! There's posh. I have to wait two weeks though. Are they insisting on the six month gap everywhere? Because some of the people I know who're getting/got the third, I'd swear they had their second after me...

olliebean

Strictly it's supposed to be 180 days, although when I booked they offered me spots from 178 days after my 2nd jab. I went for 180, in case they sent me away when I went to get it, but I don't reckon anyone at the vaccination centre would have cared.

GoblinAhFuckScary

nearly missed my appointment last evening. had to make a half an hour walk in under twenty minutes, so I was panting and they were uncertain if I was actually feverish. adrenaline + shot made me feel shit and very brain foggy at work on my evening shift.

feel ok today, but my arm hurts a fuckload more than my previous two astrazenica ones. this was pfizer

earl_sleek

I'm waiting for my booster now. Moderna, after having AZ for the first two. I'm under 40 but at increased risk of complications.

George Oscar Bluth II

Seemingly us under 40s won't get one but I absolutely would if offered, the numbers are off the scale good for three doses, a big booster campaign really does end the pandemic.

mothman

OH's arm is hurting a lot tonight. Much more than either of the previous jabs.

GoblinAhFuckScary

work SUCKED today. felt foggy as fuck and couldn't do half the tasks I was meant to do

Quote from: mothman on November 20, 2021, 08:55:16 PMOH's arm is hurting a lot tonight. Much more than either of the previous jabs.

ditto!

mothman

It's quarter past eleven and she's still asleep..!

olliebean

I felt dreadful the day after, having only managed to get about 2 hours sleep due to the arm pain, and with a fever on top of that. But the fever only lasted one day and wasn't as bad as the last time I had flu. The arm pain was horrible that first night and is hanging around a bit longer but is noticeably improving pretty much hour on hour.

kalowski

That's me too. Had my booster on Saturday. Arm was sore. Sunday arm felt like the big kids at school had been punching it all day. As the day went in I got hotter and hotter, I was expecting to literally burst into flames. Head felt like it was being squashed. I went to bed at 6pm and slept for 12 hours.
Approaching human again, but my arm still hurts.

earl_sleek

Yeah, my arm was pretty sore from late Saturday afternoon for about 24 hours, feels ok now though. That's been about it as far as side effects go.

olliebean

4 days after, arm almost completely better now, just a little bit tender still. Expecting it to be fine by the end of the day.

GoblinAhFuckScary

fucking like, getting a bit ill from the jab has triggered a proper depressive episode for me and i feel proper mental and moodswingy and angry aghHHghsaf

SpiderChrist

canadagoose

Had Moderna booster (had previously had 2x AstraZeneca) and flu jag yesterday. Currently feeling rotten. It's like my chronic pain has decided to ramp things up a notch, with a constant headache, nausea and sweating. I've got a shopping delivery coming tonight and I'm dreading lifting all the stuff out.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: canadagoose on November 23, 2021, 04:14:52 PMHad Moderna booster (had previously had 2x AstraZeneca) and flu jag yesterday. Currently feeling rotten. It's like my chronic pain has decided to ramp things up a notch, with a constant headache, nausea and sweating. I've got a shopping delivery coming tonight and I'm dreading lifting all the stuff out.

My GP surgery want to double spike me with the booster and flu jab at the same time. I'm not keen but y'know, it's preferable to dying and all that.

batwings

Just had a Pfizer booster (2 AZ previously) in one arm and a flu jab in the other. My mum had the same a month or so back and had no side effects other than sore arms so hopefully I'll follow suit.

olliebean

Today, nearly a week after having the booster vaccine, I've had an email and a text from the NHS inviting me to book an appointment to get my booster vaccine. Nice to know they're on top of things.

shoulders

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on November 20, 2021, 07:34:35 PMSeemingly us under 40s won't get one but I absolutely would if offered, the numbers are off the scale good for three doses, a big booster campaign really does end the pandemic.

Firstly the booster also wanes, so this is something it is looking like we will need to take at least once a year for the foreseeable regardless of impact.

Secondly, ending transmission ends the pandemic and vaccines, while crucial for preventing serious illness and death have proven insufficient to prevent transmission. A virus that can still hop around merrily can find the targets it needs. Especially given we will never ever reach even 70% vaccinated globally at any given time.

I don't see the numbers even in countries with good vaccine takeup being good enough to see us through to spring. It is going to get worse and worse with the protective sheild of vaccines taking the strain as we individually forget the rigour we need to apply ourselves - mask wearing in public transport, shops, crowded spaces, hand washing and just general awareness of others where that's possible.

Kankurette

I'm going to visit my parents in a couple of weeks, so I've booked in to have one before then on 6th December. I don't think me being in a clinical trial is going to be a problem since my last jab was in Feb/March. Also, I was in town yesterday and those White Rose cunts had been busy on Deansgate, so I'm even more determined to get one now out of spite.

mjwilson

23rd December so I guess I won't have any extra protection by Christmas.

Thursday

Had my Booster yesterday, it's all been Pfizer so far for me. So the same dead arm effect. I do feel very tired this morning, although it's hard to tell if it's booster related or just being in your 30's.

Partly a mood thing, after the 2nd jab I felt a great sense of relief and the hope the things could start to turn a corner soon. This time it was more "Oh Christ got to do this again." And a grumpiness at having a weekend spoiled. (Obviously still appreciating that I'm fortunate to be getting it.)

olliebean

Was really pleased to get mine - one day of side effects, though worse than the first two, seems a small price to have paid for getting up from whatever crap 60%-ish protection AZ gave me to 95%+ - but then a week later along comes Omicron and I'm dreading finding out how many percent that's going to knock off my newly boosted immunity levels.

batwings

Had my Covid booster and flu jab on Tuesday and luckily only had mild side effects - fatigue and slight headache for about a day. Feels good being one of the most immunised hermits around.

MojoJojo

I'm a bit puzzled by not being able to get a booster in Cambridge - apparently I have to go to Newmarket? I have a car so it's not impossible, but it seems an unnecessary faff.

Pranet

Yeah I have to travel as well. Annoying. And in my case it wasn't even in the centre of towns, it was on housing estates on the edge of towns. Finally got one near the centre of Swindon, in what looks like a tiny pharmacy. If I can avoid getting infected for the next two weeks.

Bence Fekete

EDIT: nah. I have increasing doubts about our blundering path to freedum but who fucking doesn't

Icehaven

It won't let me book a booster. Does it still have to be 6 months since your 2nd jab (mine was August)?

mothman

They're supposed to be shortening it but maybe they haven't reconfigured the IT to allow earlier bookings. Currently you can book from five months so the system wouldn't allow you - yet.

I did see if I could get an earlier one than this Saturday without cancelling but it only offered me mid-December.