Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:48:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

#metoo

Started by pancreas, September 20, 2021, 01:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

So far, I can, with a bit of work, smell rosemary, lemon zest and Nivea Cool Kick deodorant. This is day 9. I am a long way from placing a red burgundy in Pernand-Vergelesses blind.

Chedney Honks

Be wary of the after shock.

Glebe

Get well soon pancs and everyone else affected by this shitty thing.

Chedney Honks

I feel worse now than a week ago. Felt better for a bit but last 48hrs like I smoked ten cigars and very dizzy and 100% wiped. Not being dramatic but I think this is the real vid, not the entry level shit. Blod come back and save me.

imitationleather

If you feel dizzy wouldn't going to the hospital to have your oxygen levels checked be a good idea?

Probably nothing, fail to prepare, prepare to fail etc.

Chedney Honks

Good advice thanks. I've got an oximeter from pre-first lockdown and levels are normal. If I feel worse I'll taxi to the walk in

imitationleather

Ferris

How many days in are you?

Chedney Honks

Twelve days or so? Can't remember. I should say that it may well be that chest infection sinusitis thing that's also going around, just kicking my arse on the back of Covid.

Chedney Honks

This is very variable. Yesterday I felt I was making progress again, just felt a bit fuzzy. Today I feel absolutely fucked, took me about two hours to just get out of bed and I only did because I felt nauseous from hunger and also I was going to shit myself. Taken me ten minutes to get arsed to write this stupid post.

Maybe we really should have locked down earlier in March 2020 😂😂😂

imitationleather

Quote from: Chedney Honks on October 04, 2021, 09:27:29 AM
This is very variable. Yesterday I felt I was making progress again, just felt a bit fuzzy. Today I feel absolutely fucked, took me about two hours to just get out of bed and I only did because I felt nauseous from hunger and also I was going to shit myself. Taken me ten minutes to get arsed to write this stupid post.

To be fair this describes me on a good day during the past twenty years.

shiftwork2

Chonks's post on this are readable and funny but I'm sure I'm not the only poster assuming that his covidity is 100% boooolsheeeeeit

Chedney Honks

I understand why, some of my posts are dubious. But yeah, really. Me of all people, barely seen anyone indoors in eighteen months, just become an expert on Godzilla and fucking blurays. Even when my wife got it, I totally sealed her off and didn't go in the same room for ten days. Also I now appear to be literally leaking shit. What's that meant to be? Bowel cancer? 😂😂😂 Can't beat the vid. Mad that we're going to get this forever now. I genuinely thought the vax was the end. I wept in my car after getting the first one. My cousin who works in ICU got Vid last April, just had her second dose after two jabs and was still fucked for a good week. Genuinely feels fucking mad that the world will never be the same again. What's the answer? Feels like no fucker knows but I don't pay attention now.

I feel a bit better after a bath is one piece of advice I've found.

shiftwork2

On 'back down or double down' there was only one answer wasn't there?  Don't change.

😝😝😝

Chedney Honks

I understand I only have myself to blame but it's frustrating to feel like total shit, to feel much worse than when I first got it, worse today than ever and to be assumed to be joking. I'm not going to try to convince anyone, it's tiring enough posting anything.

Try and avoid getting covid is my advice. It's way worse than even I thought.

shiftwork2

Something about tripling down and three emojis.

Glebe

Get well soon Ched, and anyone else with the 'vid.

Yeah, he's genuinely not well. He's not a bad bloke. Hope you get over this, honks! It sounds like a bloody nightmare.

chveik

get well soon buddy

Chedney Honks

Thanks everyone. Shows how's fucking mental this is that I welled up reading those posts. Covid has turned me into an even bigger poof than I already was. Stay safe everyone.

Ferris

Much love, Chedney. You'll be right in a few days.

Cuellar

Chedney Honks

I didn't think poof was offensive which is why I used it. I've no interest in upsetting anyone nor defending the word. I apologise and won't use it again.

Chollis

The boy who cried vent

Chedney Honks

Edited  I was knackered and shouldn't have repeated this verbatim.

vanilla.coffee

Quote from: Chedney Honks on October 04, 2021, 08:12:34 PM
(Removed by request)

I'd be interested to know more about this vent killing caper.

Chedney Honks

I think she's in a bad way to be honest but that was her phrasing. From what she said we learned at some point that ventilator wasn't always the best option and could do more harm. The phrasing was too strong for me to repeat, I didn't think about that before.
Ehh I'm not doing much good at the moment. I'll just fuck off til I feel better.

Bernice

Quote from: Chedney Honks on October 04, 2021, 11:44:50 AM
Mad that we're going to get this forever now. I genuinely thought the vax was the end. I wept in my car after getting the first one. My cousin who works in ICU got Vid last April, just had her second dose after two jabs and was still fucked for a good week. Genuinely feels fucking mad that the world will never be the same again. What's the answer? Feels like no fucker knows but I don't pay attention now.

Looks like there's some good antivirals coming down the pipeline. I think them, in combination with the vaccine, should be enough to get us back to a decent approximation of normal one day. Hope you feel better soon, Cheddo.

Blinder Data

Quote from: shiftwork2 on October 04, 2021, 05:10:59 PM
Something about tripling down and three emojis.

mate

get well soon, Chedders