Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:31:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Can you download a rentable video from Vimeo?

Started by Malcy, September 22, 2021, 07:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcy

There's a video been put up for rent for a limited time that I ideally would rather have had the option to purchase instead. Is there a way to download it? It's a case of not knowing if I will have the time to watch it in the 72 hour window and the fact I'd probably want to watch it again at some point.

I've downloaded stuff from Vimeo in the past but would rather know if this is possible before i purchase it and then can't find the time to watch it/download it to watch when I have time.

Sebastian Cobb

I've used youtube-dl to do it in the past. Haven't done it for about 9 months or so but it did work last time I tried, you need to pass it your login then give it your password for it to work.

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 22, 2021, 07:40:34 PM
I've used youtube-dl to do it in the past. Haven't done it for about 9 months or so but it did work last time I tried, you need to pass it your login then give it your password for it to work.

Tried that just now and it says MSCVR100.dll is missing (hate that bloody thing, appears often) so tried a web link for something else and it was only a 48 sec video!

Malcy

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on September 22, 2021, 08:12:18 PM
Here's some advice on fixing the dll. Install visual c++ pack

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reinstall-msvcr100dll/8d7c8355-fe0b-44e9-b94f-83ec819a9cb6

Thanks, i got confused as to why i was seeing this again recently then remembered that i changed hard drives recently.

Ah than again it said it can't install it because another version is already installed.

Sebastian Cobb

The version linked there is the 2015 one but on the youtube-dl website it says you need the 2010 one so it might be a version issue.
QuoteWindows exe requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (x86) and does not require Python that is already embedded into the binary.
https://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165255E7-1014-4D0A-B094-B6A430A6BFFC/vcredist_x86.exe
Might need to uninstall then reinstall it.

I'm not on a windows machine just now unfortunately and on other platforms it obviously doesn't need .net stuff.

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on September 22, 2021, 08:39:34 PM
The version linked there is the 2015 one but on the youtube-dl website it says you need the 2010 one so it might be a version issue.Might need to uninstall then reinstall it.

I'm not on a windows machine just now unfortunately and on other platforms it obviously doesn't need .net stuff.

I uninstalled and reinstalled twice and no luck. Ill try the 2010 version, thanks for that.

Malcy

Still not working unfortunately and any other program I have got to work just downloads a trailer. Can't seem to get it to do the full 2 hours. I tried right clicking the video and looking at the source to see if i could find anything there but no luck.

Malcy

Nevermind, i think I've sorted it through Firefox with a downloader add on. Appreciate all the help.