Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:18:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BBC One Finally Getting Localised HD Output

Started by Blumf, September 24, 2021, 02:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

(last year)
https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertainment/broadcasting/news/bbc-one-to-launch-in-hd-across-english-regions-by-end-of-2022_439722.html
QuoteThe BBC has announced its intent to launch HD versions of BBC One across all English regions by the end of next year.

All 12 English regional versions of BBC One, as well as three sub-regional variants, currently broadcast in SD quality only on platforms including Freeview, Sky and Freesat.

(now)
https://twitter.com/back_the_BBC/status/1439948755361484810?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
QuoteBBC English regions due to finally go live in HD on October 21st

Been a real irritant, you have BBC1 HD on but when localised programming starts (mainly regional news), the broadcast cuts out and you have to switch back to SD.

Now, it would be nice if they beefed up regional programming in general. Have some space to focus on smaller sections of the areas.

mothman

I don't know what a Lindy Hop even is but I am resolved that all practitioners of this vile art be hunted to extinction.

Now if I can just work out why I can only get ITV Birmingham local news (Central?) in the south-west...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 24, 2021, 02:30:11 PM
Gonna miss those fuckers with the steel drums.

And the swing dancing cunts with the annoying music.

imitationleather

Can't wait for Look North in GLORIOUS HIGH DEFINITION

JamesTC

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on September 24, 2021, 02:30:11 PM
Gonna miss those fuckers with the steel drums.

I think there is something really creepy about them. Not just the drums but the whole of that loop that plays.

It is reminiscent of the CNN doomsday video.

I get the same eerie feeling from liminal spaces. It is like my brain filling in an unusual emptiness with a feeling of dread.

mothman

I love liminal spaces. There should be a thread.