Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,313
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:14:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Coogan to play Savile on telly

Started by Phoenix Lazarus, September 26, 2021, 07:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on October 28, 2021, 03:21:24 PM

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/tv/steve-coogan-jimmy-savile-documentary-21981384

Saw some comments on Facebook ads for the Partridge live tour thing, saying they're not going because of him doing this. Christ alive.

And the comments on that link. British people have such a weird attitude to anything related to paedophiles.

Oh my god, that picture is the biggest laugh I've had in a long time :D

Ambient Sheep

And that's one of the better ones.  Saw a couple the other day - can't remember where - and they were dreadful, nothing like him at all.

Brundle-Fly

Saw some comments on Facebook ads for the Partridge live tour thing, saying they're not going because of him doing this. Christ alive.

And the comments on that link. British people have such a weird attitude to anything related to paedophiles.

I used to watch Steve Coogan on the telly back in the early nineties. Another part of my mid-thirtieshood ruined.

buttgammon

I can't stop thinking about the bit in Mid Morning Matters where Partridge points out that Savile was subconsciously trying to warn people because he made a noise that sounded like a siren.

Derek series 8 was my first thought.

paruses

QuoteWhy isn't the WOKE brigade shouting from the roof tops or protesting outside BBC HQ to stop this disgusting filth makes me sick to the core that this is how my rip off tv license fees is helping to fund 

I don't understand - is this one in favour of the WOKE brigade but cross they have let this slide or against them but mad they aren't doing something on his behalf or against them but also mad they aren't behaving as he thinks they should?

JamesTC

SpiderChrist

frajer

Excellent! Didn't even know they were doing another League of Gentlemen special.

Mr Trumpet

Why is he playing it as a blonde Derek

shiftwork2

I thought his Tony Wilson was going to be rubbish after seeing a few stills, but it came alive with the voice and mannerisms.  I am hoping the same will be true for this project.

robhug

the seriousness of this program will go out the window the second Coogan says 'now then, now then' which he surely will

Paul Calf

The stupid thing is, it's counter-productive: it makes offending more likely because people wanting to seek help for what they recognise as a terrible compulsion are never going to do it because it would mean the end of their lives.

Chollis

I hope this doesn't ruin Steve Coogan for me

JamesTC

I hope this doesn't ruin Jimmy Saville for me

darby o chill

Quote from: shiftwork2 on November 12, 2021, 10:40:54 AMI thought his Tony Wilson was going to be rubbish after seeing a few stills, but it came alive with the voice and mannerisms.  I am hoping the same will be true for this project.

Video (◕_◕)

JamesTC

"What are we filming tomorrow?"
"Beach noncing scene"
"Righto"

Butchers Blind

The best we can hope for is they do it as a knockabout sex comedy from the 70's like a 'Confessions of a Radio 1 DJ'.  Robin Askwith must appear in it.

Paul Calf

Steve "I want to be known for something other than fucking Partridge" Coogan.

Careful what you wish for...

Rizla

Quote from: batwings on September 27, 2021, 03:17:44 PM
Was Jimmy Savile a wizard? V1.0 **FULL DOCUMENTARY** (46 min)
https://youtu.be/-QUuCWNyvv8
(No, by the way, he probably wasn't. Perhaps there's a V2.0 that shows otherwise?)
He was, I reckon. As in, he was into all that Crowley magick bollocks, and all his stupid catchphrases were meant to function as NLP cues.

That stuff definitely works on some people. Let me illustrate - my mum's friend set up as an NLP practitioner, and when she told me she was doing so, I said to her "NLP? Isn't that the same thing those speed seduction people use to trick women into bed? For example, they'll talk about "taking things in a new direction" and the woman is supposed to hear "nude erection" and drop 'em?" "Never heard of that one" says my mum's friend. Few months later I see she's had leaflets made up to advertise her practice, which she had named - you guessed it -  New Directions. Claimed she came up with the name out of nowhere, much to my amusement.

beanheadmcginty

Who else is now trying to work out what seductive phrases you can get out of "now then now then now then", "I've had a letter" and "eurgeurgheurgh"?

George White

Just noticed Gemma Jones is playing the Duchess.

Again.

robhug

one of the documentaries in the aftermath of the initial Savile fallout they had an interview with a woman who when she was younger had to take a paper to Jimmy's flat, he'd invite her inside to put the paper on the table for him. On one occasion she did this and was making her way out of the flat at which point Jimmy turned round to face her and pulled a string on his trousers so they fell down. The interviewer asks her if Jimmy said anything and she said he did - he said 'hows about that then'.

I very much hope this scene is included in the Coogan drama.

JamesTC

I think this is from the triumphant end of the film.

robhug

yeah looks like they've gone down the local boy done good theme rather than the nonce and necro stuff, could prove a controversial move.

Mobius

Quote from: Rizla on November 12, 2021, 12:06:19 PM
For example, they'll talk about "taking things in a new direction" and the woman is supposed to hear "nude erection" and drop 'em?"

does this work

George White

Also filming stuff with someone  as Jaconelli (the guy with the white hair on the left, who I recognisebut cannot name, thought it was Peter Wight but not os sure) with completely the wrong hair...

Enzo

It's the Edgar Winter comeback tour!