Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:03:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Zone Blanche/Black Spot (French-Belgian Netflix show)

Started by eagle_bearer, September 26, 2021, 06:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle_bearer

Has anyone seen this show? It's a bit like a French Twin Peaks. The small police department investigate mysterious crimes and grisly murders, most of which occur in the large forest that surrounds the isolated town. There are a lot of shots of the big misty forest and it is inhabited by a strange horned beast.

The head of the police, Laurene, looks a bit like a slightly older Alicia Vikander from some angles and she has two fingers missing. Another police officer, Teddy Bear, has a wonderful bushy beard that will make you envious every time you see it. It's just the right length. Longer than stubble but not so long that it loses shape. Like Santa's beard but a dark brown colour. The third officer, Hermann, has a lovely little moustache. He dresses like he's about to go fishing. The facial hair is varied and attractive. The prosecutor does not have facial hair and he looks and dresses like Mr Bean.

The show blends drama, police procedural, and supernatural horror with a dash of subtle surreal humour. In one episode, Laurene encounters a wolf protecting a baby. In another episode, a dead body in found near a piano in the middle of the forest. I give this show a thumbs up rating, but you will need to either understand French or be able to read English to watch this because all of the actors are speaking French.