Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:54:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

English hospitals told they can relax covid rules

Started by Fambo Number Mive, September 27, 2021, 07:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThree recommendations relate to elective care in NHS and social care:

physical distancing can be lowered to 1m where patients numbers can be controlled - not in accident and emergency departments - in line with advice from the World Health Organizationcertain patients no longer need to test and isolate before surgery - those in low-risk groups, who are fully-vaccinated, experiencing no symptoms and with a negative lateral-flow test on the day of their procedure, as long as they are not close contacts of a confirmed casehospitals can return to standard rather than enhanced cleaning procedures between patients in low-risk areas, with the focus to be on hand hygiene to reduce transmission

Local hospitals will be left to decide when and how these changes are introduced.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58712232

I dont really understand how relaxing cleaning procedures or telling patients not to test and isolate before surgery. It seems more likely that this will lead to increased spread of covid in hospitals.

Javid really is a cold bastard, isn't he? You might as well put Ayn Rand in charge of the NHS.

olliebean

Quotefocus to be on hand hygiene to reduce transmission

Fucksake, how long since it was confirmed that it's an airborne virus?

MojoJojo

Quote from: olliebean on September 28, 2021, 09:36:59 AM
Fucksake, how long since it was confirmed that it's an airborne virus?

I think - although the BBC article isn't clear - it's not talking about transmission of corona. The point is hospital routines are reverting back to pre-covid routines which is mostly focussed and handwashing, arms bare below the elbow, that sort of stuff.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 27, 2021, 07:42:16 PM
I dont really understand how relaxing cleaning procedures or telling patients not to test and isolate before surgery. It seems more likely that this will lead to increased spread of covid in hospitals.
There's a balancing act. Yes, this will increase transmission rate of corona, but it will increase the rate that patients can be seen and hopefully help reduce the backlog. Kidding, but it might reduce the rate that backlog is building up.

Whether the tradeoff is a good idea is a very complicated question.