Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nutjob American Independent Filmaker making a series about The Celts

Started by Wonderful Butternut, September 28, 2021, 04:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonderful Butternut

Stumbled across this courtesy of Twitter today. Some American crackpot called Michael Kingsbury is making an independent series about Celts called "Celtics".

Like a lot of Americans, said individual claims Irish ancestry which is why he's making this series. But:

1) He can't even pronounce "Sligo", from where his ancestors apparently originated, correctly.

2) He continuously refers to The Celts as "The Celtics" which is wrong. Although at least he's got the hard C correct.

3) He hasn't learned how to pronounce Gaelic names and words, something important if you're making a series about Celts.

4) Every character in the series appears to be a druid. We have "Powerful Druid Queen" Maeve and "Celtic Druid God of Battle" (or whatever) Fionn mac Cumhaill. Btw, Kingsbury forgot to give the actor playing mac Cumhaill a pronounciation key that can be Googled in 3 seconds, so he pronounces the name as if it's written phoenetically. This is wrong.

5) The acting for the few bits he has produced, which consist of characters ranting to camera about the "Globalist Totalarian Roman Empire" coming to conquer them, so far is just fantastic. Awful accents, scenery chewing and looking off camera to check the script cos they weren't paid enough to learn their lines. You can view it, along with a few of Kingsbury's mangled pronounciations here:
https://twitter.com/chizmund/status/1442595249281384449

6) I don't think I'll even bother pulling him up on things like the mythical Queen Maeve (btw, Michael you should be calling her "Medb" for authenticity) who he says lived in 3000BC calling a Council of the "High Kings and High Queens" of Ireland when the concept of the High Kingship of Ireland didn't exist until the 8th century AD.

He also attempts to sell "Celtic Druid Wizard Hats" which look like rejected props from Lord of the Rings.

Needless to say, I don't think he's researched this too thoroughly beyond what already coincides with his own views on the world, which are the real reason he's making this. Speaking of which, I wonder what his world views are li-

Oh. So much for this being a harmless source of bemusement as some thick American clown pretends to be an expert on a culture about which he actually knows nothing. Looks like our boy is a certified nut.

Here's some Celtic Druid Goddess going on about how the 'multicultural Roman Empire' thinks they're too white:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1329813102536261635.html

Feel free to dig around his Twitter and YouTube (googling "Celtic-Films" should do it), it's full of this stuff. Seems he's a big believer in White Genocide theory, his previous "Gulag" films are all about this apparently.

And he's blocked anyone who's told him that his cultural depiction of the Celts is bollocks. Cos of course he has.

Midas

Midas

bgmnts

Will be interesting to see how he frames an entire cultural identity that spanned almost all of europe for thousands of yeah into being a quarter on his mom's side.

I have no doubt a huge focus of his work will be on the Hallstatt region and other places in central europe.

Video Game Fan 2000

HETEROSEXUAL CELTIC WARRIOR: GRRR, CHAD! ITS GORGVS SORVS, THE ROMAN GENERAL! HE'S COMING FOR US
HETEROSEXUAL CELTIC NAVAL OFFICER: DONT LET HIM STEAL OUR CELTIC DIDGERIDOOS, THE DRUID JUST PAINTED FRESH AZTEC PATTERNS ON THEM

Midas

Mister Six

Video Game Fan 2000

Bloody Romans, coming over here with their concept of cultura and prefix multi, causing me to get too angry to explain things to my saxon wife. I got so mad about Roman multiculturalism I forget which of the ten kings it is that owns me.

Famous Mortimer

It's nice that the Celtics kept their hair short and neat and were clean-shaven.

gilbertharding

Midas

QuoteI make Independent Human Rights films. We tell the stories nobody else tells.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Midas on September 28, 2021, 05:39:51 PM
QuoteI make Independent Human Rights films. We tell the stories nobody else tells.

Well I certainly don't see anyone else telling the stories of oppressed Celtic Druid Gods of Battle.

Video Game Fan 2000

I bet he's going to conveniently skip over the part where Fionn mac Cumhaill has to dress up as a giant baby

Celtic Druid Adult Baby Diaper Lover of Battle doesn't have the same ring to it

Midas

GULAG FOREST RAVE TRANCE

Quote from: Michael KingsburyTo get White kids to defend themselves make them identify as the Victim. Show them Gulag films.

It's like someone spliced Nathan Barley with a Klansman.

Video Game Fan 2000

Swear I've seen GULAG FOREST TRANCE on stickers in the bogs round here, is it already a far right thing?

PlanktonSideburns

Kankurette

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on September 28, 2021, 05:45:29 PM
I bet he's going to conveniently skip over the part where Fionn mac Cumhaill has to dress up as a giant baby

Celtic Druid Adult Baby Diaper Lover of Battle doesn't have the same ring to it
Or Diarmuid ua Duibhne steals his wife with his magic love spot. And Medb gets killed by a piece of cheese.

Why are white Americans obsessed with heritage like this?

Midas

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Kankurette on September 28, 2021, 06:47:03 PM
Or Diarmuid ua Duibhne steals his wife with his magic love spot. And Medb gets killed by a piece of cheese.

Why are white Americans obsessed with heritage like this?

To be fair the English did the exact same thing in the 1700s and then again at the turn of the 20th century which is part of why the popular image of celtic mythological and literature is so bowdlerized and inaccurate.

A rich tradition of "we like the forgeries better"

Video Game Fan 2000

its like you guys don't know the authentic Irish druidic battle cry from county cark

Where's my burrito
Where's my burrito

Midas

Can't get over my morbid fascination with this shite. Imagine paying $750 for THIS:

One of the worst things I've ever seen.

PlanktonSideburns

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Midas on September 28, 2021, 06:55:43 PM
Can't get over my morbid fascination with this shite. Imagine paying $750 for THIS:

One of the worst things I've ever seen.

Cackling at that