Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:03:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A new 'surprized by the appearance of' thread.

Started by Glebe, September 28, 2021, 05:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 24, 2021, 02:36:02 PMAs I remember, it's dubbed to the point of being so obvious it's comical, though I did wonder if Lloyd-Pack had to go back and read the lines again or they roped in someone else to do the dodgy (East European?) accent.

I think there's an episode of the Professionals were David Suchet plays the head of a mercenary group offering his team's services to some big-time crime boss played by... Geoffrey Palmer.

There was also one featuring a slightly unhinged colleague of Bodie and Doyle who (at least in my memory) looked the spit of Malcolm MacDonald, but presumably wasn't.

Geoffrey Palmer main henchman is played by Jeremy "Boba Fett" Bulloch in that episode as well. The unhinged colleague is played by John Castle who is one of those jobbing actors who were in plenty of stuff from the late 70s to the early 90s.

Other Professionals alumni include:

Pamela Stephenson (Nurse with grenade down her top and junkie in a bowling alley)
Keith Barron (deranged chemist threatening to poison a city with a mind-bending drug in an episode which has some ludicrous "drug" acting.
Ian McDiarmid (Deranged guy trying to kill doctors)

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: monkfromhavana on November 24, 2021, 05:15:49 PMThe unhinged colleague is played by John Castle who is one of those jobbing actors who were in plenty of stuff from the late 70s to the early 90s.
Just looked him up and he played the bad guy in Robocop 3!

George White

Watching 1980s Spanish-American slasher Rest in Pieces. Jeffrey "Mr. Perkins from Rentaghost" Segal (also the father of that awful lad in Fawlty Towers who wants salad cream) plays a sinister American priest.