Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:31:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Why not have a thread about the Labour movement rather than just a hate thread about how everything's fucked and aaaarrgh keith ham face etc.? Or do people prefer that?

Sebastian Cobb

Buelligan

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on March 15, 2022, 11:44:09 PMWhy not have a thread about the Labour movement rather than just a hate thread about how everything's fucked and aaaarrgh keith ham face etc.? Or do people prefer that?

I think the point is to clarify the discussion - we used to have the Corbyn threads - they were about Labour and Corbyn.  Then they crucified him.

But we still talk about Labour, but it's useful to be specific, this isn't Labour always, it's Labour now, under new management.  As soon as Starmer's gone you can be certain we'll speak of XXXX's Labour.  Or maybe he will crash the Party stone dead forever.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on March 15, 2022, 11:44:09 PMrather than just a

Is not instead of, I don't care what people want to post. 'Labour' is more than people's problems with it tho.
Seems like the thing bad faith people might want to do, concentrate all talk of an entire political movement in a thread designed to put people off that movement.

Buelligan

If you'd read the threads, or even just this one, you'd know it's not all about Keith's great lump of ham.  It's a bit more nuanced than that!  Yes, indeedy.

pancreas

I would support a general trade union thread. I did start one on Sharon Graham, which could be used for that until it needs splitting or something.

Is there any value in continuing to chart the moral and usual bankruptcy of Labour? As much as there's any point in anything, perhaps.

I've got one.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on March 15, 2022, 11:44:09 PMWhy not have a thread about the Labour movement rather than just a hate thread about how everything's fucked and aaaarrgh keith ham face etc.? Or do people prefer that?

There's quite a bit of discussion of other Labour figures in this thread, but most of it is about Kier because he is Labour leader.

Paul Calf

"New ZaNu-Lie-Bore: Tonty Balir KEIR ARE YOU NOW?"

Paul Calf

Wow. That Zanu-PF reference has not survived cultural amnesia has it?

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on March 16, 2022, 08:54:25 AMI would support a general trade union thread. I did start one on Sharon Graham, which could be used for that until it needs splitting or something.

Is there any value in continuing to chart the moral and usual bankruptcy of Labour? As much as there's any point in anything, perhaps.

I've got one.

Oh, there's a point, alright.  Too often, we just draw a veil over the shitness, we don't talk about it, pretend not to notice it, who does this serve?

If people don't want to read about how shit Starmer is, they can ignore the bits in the thread about that or they can write about how he isn't shit in those instances or they can push him to change.