Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Calf


Buelligan

Whilst you're thinking on't, have a wee read of this rather interesting article in Jacobin about that wreath...

QuoteIt has also become clear that the factional use of Palestine to settle scores within British politics or its Labour Party cares no more about Jewish pain — or an Israel that is just and safe — than it does about Palestinian suffering. Hammam Chott and the wreath-laying saga came to represent a sort of ground zero for this dehumanization of events by media frenzy, abetted by the political class. The French philosopher, Jean Baudrillard, writing of the media campaign prior to the first Gulf War, referred to this phenomenon of media war as a "deterrence of the real by the virtual."

https://jacobinmag.com/2021/10/jeremy-corbyn-hammam-chott-israel-palestine-tunisia-cemetery

king_tubby

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 02, 2021, 03:52:15 PM
Why would people vote Labour in 2019 but plan to vote Tory or Lib Dem now?

Lot of #FBPE types hate Starmer for abandoning the EU so will go Lib Dem, and I suspect the Tories are the pro-EU ones going back home after voting Labour for the 'People's Vote' malarky.

chveik


Paul Calf

There are a good deal more stupid, dateless fucking cunts.


olliebean

Quote from: king_tubby on October 02, 2021, 04:01:29 PM
Lot of #FBPE types hate Starmer for abandoning the EU so will go Lib Dem, and I suspect the Tories are the pro-EU ones going back home after voting Labour for the 'People's Vote' malarky.

Why in god's name would anyone who's pro-EU want to vote for the current lot of Tories?

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 02, 2021, 03:52:15 PM
Why would people vote Labour in 2019 but plan to vote Tory or Lib Dem now?

For a laugh, like.

king_tubby

Quote from: olliebean on October 02, 2021, 06:00:04 PM
Why in god's name would anyone who's pro-EU want to vote for the current lot of Tories?

Tories first, Remain second. No looking back.

10 quid says that flag was done by the Manchester Young Conservatives.


Johnny Yesno


king_tubby


king_tubby

And Mail on Sunday hinting at three Labour MPs considering crossing the floor.

Obvious shit stirring is obvious, but apart from Duffield who else do you reckon would rat?

Quote

All the ones you'd think would actually take it that far already fucked off under Corbyn, Austin etc.

Coyle maybe.

EDIT: Whoever it is, assuming there's any truth to it, you can be sure they've toured Britain's media outlets for the last five years telling anyone who'd listen how the 'trots' were helping the Tories and how disgusted they were by it

peanutbutter

Mail on Sunday saying that 3 Labour MPs are considering defecting to the tories. Duffield responded to it so probs not her if it's anything at all (I'd say she's just not running again regardless)


Shoulders?-Stomach!

Dan Hodges at the bottom, remember when he was tipped by some provocateurs to be a future advisor?

Sebastian Cobb

I'd forgotten all about him. For quite some time even if you didn't follow him someone would quote or retweet him so you'd quite often see him rolling around in his own shit but I've not seen anything from him in ages.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: king_tubby on October 02, 2021, 10:26:20 PM
And Mail on Sunday hinting at three Labour MPs considering crossing the floor.

Obvious shit stirring is obvious, but apart from Duffield who else do you reckon would rat?

Sir Kieth Stalin.

Johnny Yesno

If not him, Ian 'Ooh, don't be mean to the tories, Angela' Murray.

king_tubby


Rizla

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on October 02, 2021, 10:54:11 PM
If not him, Ian 'Ooh, don't be mean to the tories, Angela' Murray.
Without a fucking doubt

jobotic

Why would they? If they'd be happy in the Tory party they should be happy in Keith's Labour

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Possible that Blairite right are genuinely worried that yet another election defeat for the 'centre' might eventually cause Labour to reject them like a grafted on limb transplant that wouldn't take and let in the left again. Seems like there are at least as many mega agitated right wing tossers in the PLP as there are mega pissed off lefties.


Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on October 02, 2021, 11:13:36 PM
Why would they? If they'd be happy in the Tory party they should be happy in Keith's Labour

Could be some snakes in marginal seats who have no faith in keith but don't want off the gravy train

chveik


Bernice

Quote from: peanutbutter on October 02, 2021, 10:31:44 PM
Mail on Sunday saying that 3 Labour MPs are considering defecting to the tories. Duffield responded to it so probs not her if it's anything at all (I'd say she's just not running again regardless)


Et Tu, the Blue Man Group?

idunnosomename

Sir Keir is absolutely supporting the poison gnome Dame Cressida (whose father was senior tutor at Balliol, where shock, she went as a BA). they both know where each other's bodies are buried from their time together on the CPS. utter establishment

Ferris

Imagine putting your reputation in a funeral pyre of "electability" only for the Mail on Sunday[nb]of all fucking papers[/nb] to refer to you as "a weak man in charge of a rabble" and for that characterization to elicit zero surprise or defence.

Not to overuse the Simpsons/Skinner references but err


idunnosomename

Seymour Skinner is Sir Keir's spirit animal. a by-the-book mummy's boy

Blumf


Quote from: Blumf on October 03, 2021, 01:24:15 AM
Has Keith talked much about his smother?

"I remember my dad....he liked my mother. Her cooking. Her face. Her cleaning. Her minge. He loved her minge. It instilled the values I still hold today. British values. That's what I think about when I think about my mother: my dad. I remember my dad. "