Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:48:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer's Labour: Ghouls and Tools on the Ship of Fools

Started by pancreas, September 30, 2021, 08:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 26, 2021, 11:31:38 PMhope the fucking cunt eats his own body and shits himself out his own stupid arsehole

That sort of thing, aye

Rizla

"The cheese crisis hit the cheesemaking industry. And I read Ned Palmer's book [A Cheesemonger's History of The British Isles] ... and got a little bit obsessed with helping cheesemakers, so I was ordering cheese by mail order ... And I was eating, like, 2kg of cheese in about 72 hours."

Hahaha hahahaha hahahaha fucking mail order cheese cunt. Hahahahahahaha.

Sebastian Cobb

Sorry, "2kg of cheese in 72 hours" is very much in "I gorged on Toblerone and drove to Dundee in my bare feet."territory isn't it?

Video Game Fan 2000

Not one big block of cheese like a pig... all different kinds of cheeses, like... red leicester.

Pink Gregory

"I have a difficult time with an eating disorder, however I think it's fine to also shill for the gambling industry which takes full advantage of people with similar problems because they're not Tom Watson."

It's like having any sympathy for Alaistair Campbell's depression. 

Zetetic

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 25, 2021, 08:26:47 PMI saw here Welsh Labour opposed a lot of that prior to the agreement.

Oh, yes, and such opinions are - unsurprisingly - particularly concentrated in the Westminster contingent.

Both Labour and Plaid are a mixed bag, but there are senior figures who seem at least somewhat serious about the housing and rent crises.

I note that the Labour MS who took the Rhondda off Leanne Wood is a property developer.

jobotic

Has Watson got a job for McDonald's since that interview? Promoting their responsible diet range?

buttgammon

QuoteWatson – who [...] says that he "went mad"

He could have saved us a lot of hassle by acknowledging this years ago but I presume he was too busy IVing Shropshire Blue and buying little foil packages of ultra concentrated Camembert in backstreets off Whitehall.

idunnosomename

Roast him chop him in half and use him as a pair of fondue pots

Johnny Yesno

If only he'd replaced his being a backstabbing cunt addiction with cheese, what a better place to live the UK could have been.

Buelligan

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 26, 2021, 11:31:38 PMhope the fucking cunt eats his own body and shits himself out his own stupid arsehole

Hehehhehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  Been having a terrible shit time lately, thank you for making me laugh like a fucking owl, old sport.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 26, 2021, 06:54:46 PMIndeed, capitalist scum

A tedious historian I was stuck next to in a pub mentioned how much he disliked unions and looking back I think I was a bit mean (I was bored of him by this point) because I told him exactly what I thought of his lukewarm pablum. ("Unions only exist to make money for workers" well of course they do you fucking dipshit, fuck yeah absolutely I want them to do that, it is what they exist to do and I wish there were more of them and they did it better - do you want teachers to be paid less? What about nurses? Didn't fucking think so mate... etc)

Might email him and apologize.

Actually no I won't.

Ok cheers.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 27, 2021, 06:11:50 PMYou were right to do so.

His big "gotcha" was the BC Teacher's Union negotiating for a pay rise "but their branding says 'for kids' but actually they just want more money for themselves not children", well of course they do you complete lemon, who do you think teaches kids all day, and what do you think the benefit would be in reducing staff turnover rates on academic performance of kids in the system? Anyway in the end he backed down and he changed the conversation to hypersonic missiles and world war 1 at which point I got up and sat next to someone else.

I realize this is completely off topic so won't go on about it, but reading Blod's post  reminded me of him.

TrenterPercenter

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ex-tory-councillor-says-hes-25563897

I take it people have seen this.

I chuckled at "the managed to raise £30 via go fund me" that'll learn him.

idunnosomename

I don't think that's the first legal threat Corbyn has sent out to a Tory councillor. the legal fees will be minimal because his lawyers drafted and sent a letter and he folded within a week. I just think he was stupid/cowardly enough to fold when actually he has a pretty good case for satire and could've driven down the sum considerably before court. Probably ruined it by lying about "being hacked" in the first place, then thought he might crowdfund his way out, but was too earnest about doing stuff for charity.

Sadly he's a cunt but not a big enough cunt to be a good Tory.

Sebastian Cobb

Dawn Butler was on Big Narsties Channel 4 show this week. Was interesting to see her in a comedy setting, the show treated it somewhat seriously as they discussed racism she's received and she managed to throw some old racist tories under the bus.

Apparently a lot was chopped and some more interesting b-roll has leaked, I've not tracked that down yet though.

shoulders

QuoteI've got to say I expected better from Nadine. I'm not surprised, though

From your Shadow Minister For Safeguarding and Gobshitery

jobotic

QuoteBritain Elects
@BritainElects
·
25 Nov
Bar Pool (Nuneaton & Bedworth) by-election result:

CON: 55.3% (+14.4)
LAB: 23.4% (-26.7)
GRN: 21.3% (+12.2)

Conservative GAIN from Labour.

Chgs. w/ 2018
Britain Elects
@BritainElects
·
25 Nov
Knutton (Newcastle-under-Lyme) by-election result:

CON: 51.1% (+25.8)
LAB: 48.9% (-25.8)

Conservative GAIN from Labour.

Chgs. w/ 2018

Starmer's planning a reshuffle according to the Times.

The mission to be as dismal and uninspiring as possible moves to it's next phase.

Buelligan

dissolute ocelot

QuoteSome party insiders have also suggested the shadow business secretary, Ed Miliband, could be moved aside, with the environment part of his brief made a standalone role, to underline the party's commitment to tackling climate change. A figure perceived as more business-friendly could then be promoted to shadow the business secretary, Kwasi Kwarteng, with Labour keen to increase its appeal to the corporate sector.
Imagine spending your days strategising about this. Or indeed writing Guardian articles about it.

jobotic

The turd shoebox shake reshuffle is going well then. What a fucking clown Starmer is. I do hope Rayner turns on him.

king_tubby

Cat Smith has resigned from the shadow cabinet, despite being offered a role.

Zetetic

Jo Stevens dumped from DCMS role. How England-dominated is the new line-up?

Buelligan

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 29, 2021, 12:32:25 PM
QuoteSome party insiders have also suggested the shadow business secretary, Ed Miliband, could be moved aside, with the environment part of his brief made a standalone role, to underline the party's commitment to tackling climate change. A figure perceived as more business-friendly could then be promoted to shadow the business secretary, Kwasi Kwarteng, with Labour keen to increase its appeal to the corporate sector.
Imagine spending your days strategising about this. Or indeed writing Guardian articles about it.

Imagine imagining that no one remembers this https://twitter.com/gndrising/status/1442410053714071553

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: jobotic on November 29, 2021, 12:33:05 PMThe turd shoebox shake reshuffle is going well then. What a fucking clown Starmer is. I do hope Rayner turns on him.

She should be doing, how many times as he undermined her or kept her well out of the loop?