Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:21:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Star Trek is no longer on Netflix

Started by Chollis, October 04, 2021, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chollis

Ignore

willy crossit

still on there for me. i'm halfway through my first watch of TNG so I hope they're not taking it off

Icehaven

Voyager is still on when I just checked. When I was watching something else I'd downloaded earlier Netflix went a bit nuts and told me downloads were no longer available and I needed to do some updates or something, but I just closed and opened it again and it was fine. Maybe it's just slightly on the fritz like half the rest of the internet.

Chollis

knew I should've put a question mark at the end of the title.

that's good to know though! i've been trying to figure out since yesterday why it's gone. i guess it thinks i'm using a VPN or am in a different region for some reason, as Netflix is working fine - just Star Trek is gone.

Chollis

ah, if I go into "Recent device streaming activity" on Netflix it appears some cheeky cunt called Peter has been using my account. anyone else had their Netflix account piggybacked?

Glebe

The minute Shat goes into space it goes off - coincidence? I think not, sheeple!

Either that or there wasn't enough room on The Nets Flicks for Seinfeld so they ditched Trek. I'm well tech-savvy, me!

Replies From View

Quote from: Chollis on October 04, 2021, 08:04:10 PM
ah, if I go into "Recent device streaming activity" on Netflix it appears some cheeky cunt called Peter has been using my account. anyone else had their Netflix account piggybacked?

Not by somebody called Peter, no

mothman

Chollis

Yeah I've updated OP, it's just on my end. Still, hopefully the thread title gives people a scare!

JamesTC

Peter sounds like a cunt. I hate him.

MojoJojo

From reddit I've heard Star trek has stopped being on us netflix, in case you're using a proxy or something.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: MojoJojo on October 04, 2021, 08:56:12 PM
From reddit I've heard Star trek has stopped being on us netflix, in case you're using a proxy or something.

Presumably the whole lot has been shipped over to CBS All Access.

mothman

It's called Paramount+ now, but yes that would explain it.

I wonder if P+ plans to go international? Being a US TV network in origin, they're very parochial and don't even seem to care about the international market for their product - they even region-lock their trailers even though, say, new Star Trek will be on Netflix or Prime almost instantaneously.

Malcy

Quote from: mothman on October 04, 2021, 09:11:01 PM
It's called Paramount+ now, but yes that would explain it.

I wonder if P+ plans to go international? Being a US TV network in origin, they're very parochial and don't even seem to care about the international market for their product - they even region-lock their trailers even though, say, new Star Trek will be on Netflix or Prime almost instantaneously.

Yeah it's launching here at some stage. As part of Sky or Amazon I can't quite remember.

beanheadmcginty

Region locking trailers has got to be the most pointless, unnecessary and counterproductive thing possible. I wonder what the justification is. Physically preventing people from seeing an advert. Mind boggling.

olliebean

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 04, 2021, 11:15:34 PM
Region locking trailers has got to be the most pointless, unnecessary and counterproductive thing possible. I wonder what the justification is. Physically preventing people from seeing an advert. Mind boggling.

Presumably because they think it might encourage people to download a pirated copy of the actual show. Like anyone capable of finding and downloading a pirated copy isn't capable of typing "<Show name> trailer" into YouTube, which has never failed to find me a non-region-locked copy of a region-locked trailer.

Malcy

I usually watch the trailers on Twitter as they don't last long on YT sometimes. There's really no need to region lock them at all.

MojoJojo

It probably costs them a little bit of money to release trailers in different regions because they have to check it complies legally, and check for any cultural things - like the support for NI terrorism in the TNG episode. Probably the bigger thing it's something they want to charge netflix for, probably as part of some cross promotional deal type thing, and netflix have said no.

That's the best I can do - it still seems pretty stupid though.

Glebe

Darmok, his arms wide inquiring as to why Star Trek is no longer on Netflix. At Tenagra. With Jalad.

mothman