Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:55:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Senior Tory MP Brady meets COVID conspiracy theoriests

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 05, 2021, 12:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

From The Irish Times:

QuoteFormer UCD professor Dolores Cahill was one of a number of conspiracy theorists who met a senior Conservative MP in London recently, it has emerged.

Ms Cahill, along with eight other anti-vaccination campaigners, met MP for Altrincham and Sale West Graham Brady at an undisclosed location near Westminster in the UK capital on September 21st. Ms Cahill is facing charges in a London court for breaches of Covid-19 regulations.

According to one of the group, the purpose of the meeting was to present "evidence" to Mr Brady and call for an immediate cessation of the UK's vaccination programme "as a matter of urgency".

Mr Brady is chairman of the powerful 1922 Committee which represents Tory backbenchers and frequently steers government policy. He has served as shadow minister for Europe on four occasions and was briefly considered as a potential candidate for Conservative Party leader in 2019.

He has been a strong critic of lockdowns as a means to tackling the pandemic.

The meeting, which lasted about two hours, comprised 16 people, including six who dialled in by video call. Ms Cahill, who has been one of the main purveyors of anti-vaccination misinformation in Ireland during the pandemic, was one of those in the room with Mr Brady...

Also present was John O'Looney, a funeral director who has claimed thousands of elderly people have been secretly euthanised during the pandemic.

Ms Cahill herself has a history of making outlandish claims relating to the pandemic which are not supported by evidence, including that face masks lower the IQ of children...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/senior-mp-meets-controversial-former-ucd-professor-dolores-cahill-1.4691083

We know the Tories want to court the anti-vaxxers and covid deniers, but I didn't realise they would do so quite so openly.

buttgammon

Despite having zero faith in the Tories, I was a bit shocked by this. I've been keeping tabs on the Irish far-right since before Covid, so I've been familiar with Dolores Cahill for years, and she is a despicable person with stupid opinions that have no basis in reality (despite the fact that she was a lecturer in medicine until recently). She was the leader of the extremist Irish Freedom Party (fascist rabble rousers who bang on about 'natalism') at one point and it seems she was too crazy for them even.

bgmnts

Face masks lowering the IQs of children spunds like a claim you'd just make up for a giggle without expecting anyone to take you seriously.

Cuellar

I hear Dolores Cahill lost a LOT of money investing in TommyCoin

George Oscar Bluth II

QuoteThe meeting, which lasted about two hours, comprised 16 people, including six who dialled in by video call.

Got to applaud covid deniers for having social distancing compliant ways of attending their meetings for those still shielding from the virus

beanheadmcginty

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on October 05, 2021, 01:52:19 PM
John O'Looney seems an appropriate name.

Phew. That really should have been dealt with immediately.

chveik