Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

[img width=69][/img]

Started by Mr Farenheit, October 10, 2021, 06:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Farenheit

Before the recent upgrade of the board you could set the size images would appear at by putting a value for height or width as in this thread title. I've found that this now doesn't have any effect and the board sets the image size itself, which is good as you don't get images where you need to scroll across anymore (such as wimblewrong shots in landscape format viewed on a mobile).

But if you want to do a series of images in a post and have them all appear at the same width its quite difficult. You can have two images of the same height:width ratio but different resolutions appear at different sizes, two images at different ratios sometimes appear at the same width but I'm not sure why.... Joining all the images into one long, tall image doesn't work as it just appears tiny.

Is there a formula explaining how this is calculated somewhere? Or, better yet, is there a way to override/control it as was done with the [img width=500] command?

Dr Rock

Mr Farenheit

Thanks, I see you've got 200, 300, 400px widths.... but this is what I see

....and similar on my phone. Maybe there's some setting I've inadvertently messed with...

Endicott

It depends what theme you are using to display the forum on your device. The recent one that was added (Ant's Mutant I think) is designed for mobile and so it controls the image size and ignores any width that is set, which is great on a mobile. Switch to the top most popular theme and image width control will work. So it's your choice.

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Endicott on October 10, 2021, 12:01:42 PM
It depends what theme you are using to display the forum on your device. The recent one that was added (Ant's Mutant I think) is designed for mobile and so it controls the image size and ignores any width that is set, which is great on a mobile. Switch to the top most popular theme and image width control will work. So it's your choice.

Cheers, tried that and its just like you say. I do like the new theme though! (and I guess a lot of people use it?)  might try trial and error to see if I can work out a system.

madhair60

i use it for Merry Hell on here and it seems ok