Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post-Lasso disappointment apple tv bin off

Started by Dex Sawash, October 16, 2021, 03:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

What should I watch on apple in the 3 weeks I have remaining?

Watching that Momoa thing See which is interesting to see blind fighting, individual and group styles. Not sure all the sighted actors blinding up is ok.

Already watched the alternate history NASA thing with Wooden Joel Kineman (actually liked him in it)

Jerzy Bondov

I really loved the film CODA. Wolfwalkers is also good. Don't bother with Defending Jacob, might have made a good film but it's episode after episode of fuck all. Think that's all I've watched on it

Ja'moke

BeardFaceMan

I'll second Mythic Quest, it's not Sunny levels of hilarity but is very enjoyable.

mothman

Pondering whether to give Ted Lasso a go. Mythic Quest too. Got a couple of free months left myself; just don't see the point of paying for it. Foundation isn't going to keep me around, and I'm not paying for a fourth subscription service just for For All Mankind...

See... once upon a time it'd have been my thing. But a post apocalyptic show about blind people? Increasingly feeling like life is getting too short!

chveik

ted lasso is saccharine garbage. mythic quest is basically fine but it's way too smug and should focus more on humour than tedious soap opera bollocks

shiftwork2

There's a discussion to be had about streaming services and how they've ultimately failed.  Punter man / woman should be able to see a wealth of amazing stuff both original and archive by now, for a certain reasonable sum of money.  It should all add up.  mothman's comment about not wanting a fourth service for one fucking show says it all.

mothman

Yeah. To be honest, I'm not too pleased to have three! But one daughter is a serious Netflix binger; the other likes Disney+ (granted for one show, Miraculous - but she's now going off that, I think there was something about anti-trans messages on the show?). Prime Video is just a Nice To Have because we have Amazon Prime, if we ever ditch that I wouldn't miss it.

Would be interested to hear whether anyone thinks BritBox is actually worth it; even without the number of subscriptions we already have I don't think I'd ever get it, not even by cancelling one of them to compensate.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Todd Haynes' Velvet Underground documentary is really good. You should watch that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWq7a8Tin8g

That trailer is quite corny and misleading; it's not a generic rock doc.

Mister Six

Quote from: mothman on October 16, 2021, 08:41:58 PM
Yeah. To be honest, I'm not too pleased to have three! But one daughter is a serious Netflix binger; the other likes Disney+ (granted for one show, Miraculous - but she's now going off that, I think there was something about anti-trans messages on the show?).

Blimey, that would be a surprise - Disney is very LGBT+ friendly... or at least that's how it presents itself.

mothman

I could have misunderstood her. But then I'm sure I also read something else recently that throws their cred on that front into doubt; but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

Dex Sawash

I've finished See and liked it. Read the reviews and can see now that I am defective.

Ant Farm Keyboard

The Velvet Underground documentary by Todd Haynes is just great.

Ferris

Apparently the Charlie Brown Halloween special is on there. Gonna watch that before I bin it off.