Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Beans on toast

Started by eagle_bearer, October 16, 2021, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 29, 2021, 05:02:31 PMQuestion: The bean toastie

A good thing, or a cause for concern?

Has been discussed; it is possible as is the fabled sosig, cheese and bean toastie.  A good thing all in all.  I would view beans on toast and toasties as different beasts however.

badaids

Got hold of some Batchelors Beans the other day. More expensive than Heinz too! Had them with a bit of Worcestershire sauce and a load of grated cheddar on some nice sour dough bed. Glorious.

Cold Meat Platter

Remember HP Saucy Beans? They were beans that had HP Sauce in them.
They were quite nice but they don't make them anymore. After many hours of research I managed to crack the code though.

Sebastian Cobb

mothman

Friend in halls had a sandwich toaster, we got into the habit of meeting later in the evenings for bean toasties, they were nice. Think we used a quite spicy bean brand which worked really well.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Sounds wild. Living the bean dream.

mothman

Simpler times, no internet, that all-too-brief Golden Age between the fall of the Wall and the fall of the towers. If you ignore the Rwanda genocide, the formerly-Yugoslav civil wars, and so on.

Sebastian Cobb

I remember eating a fair bit of tinned stag chilli in uni.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 30, 2021, 12:46:04 AMI remember eating a fair bit of tinned stag chilli in uni.
The 'dynamite hot' used to be great as a super low effort food but they've fucked it somehow now. No longer mentions habanero chili on the tin and just tastes lacking in some way. Probably been through the NO MSG! NOW 50% LESS SALT! treatment.

H-O-W-L

Aye the dynamite has become generic artificially hot shite. The standard is still pretty good though.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The dynamite still makes you shit fire the next day. I think they've replaced the habanero with chilli powder or something. Why can't they use actual mince though, instead of those weird dog food pellets?

Cold Meat Platter

This was a trap and you've all been clyped on for talking about chili in a bean thread.
Clamped.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ah, but chili may contain bean.
Clamp your head, then keep tightening it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: mothman on November 29, 2021, 11:37:33 PMFriend in halls had a sandwich toaster, we got into the habit of meeting later in the evenings for bean toasties, they were nice. Think we used a quite spicy bean brand which worked really well.

This is why it's so hard to make friends in one's 30s. Sadly, with increased age comes decreased enthusiasm for toastie-based bean friendships.

imitationleather

Quote from: mothman on November 30, 2021, 12:37:19 AMSimpler times, no internet, that all-too-brief Golden Age between the fall of the Wall and the fall of the towers. If you ignore the Rwanda genocide, the formerly-Yugoslav civil wars, and so on.

And the peak years of Oasis, don't forget them.

mothman

touchingcloth

Quote from: imitationleather on November 30, 2021, 08:46:20 AMAnd the peak years of Oasis, don't forget them.

I was always more of a River Island kid.

amateur

I quite like Heinz beans with sausages, thing about sausages is the worse it is, it's still quite nice. Love a cheap, rusky sausage, delicious.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: amateur on November 30, 2021, 03:46:45 PMthing about sausages is the worse it is, it's still quite nice.

I bought some Richmonds at the weekend. They were great, but I won't buy them again for years.

amateur

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on November 30, 2021, 10:40:22 PMI bought some Richmonds at the weekend. They were great, but I won't buy them again for years.

They'll be waiting for you, in every corner shop across the land.

Sebastian Cobb

Rushing out a vegetarian product that is more palatable than their core product that they've been making since forever struck me as very on-brand for Richmond.

Porky

Just done rice with sardines.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 24, 2021, 11:58:36 AMthe last of the farts

It was an open goal but nobody took it so I'll have to do it myself.

James Fenimore Cooper considers rewrite.