Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cowboy Bebop (Netflix live-action remake)

Started by Mister Six, October 19, 2021, 05:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MojoJojo

Quote from: Mister Six on December 10, 2021, 09:09:36 PMI don't watch past episode 1, but this breakdown of what's lacking politically in the live-action version sounds convincing: https://twitter.com/heyjenbartel/status/1469265094479650816?t=K-7mcxdtraDAaJTLSfWvAA&s=07

The problem with that is most of the stuff listed was in the LA. Ive been watching the anime, and I don't really buy the political angle they claim - the bebop crew being short of money is mostly played for laughs.

Pink Gregory

Yeah, it's just sort of an extension of society now but spacefaring, if not intergalactic.  People still deal drugs and do crime, it's not that unusual.

I never got the impression in thr anime that poverty or corruption is any worse in the future than it is now.  Just what they choose to focus on, innit. 

MojoJojo

Also, they spend all their time jetting around in a spaceship.

Quote from: H-O-W-L on December 10, 2021, 04:02:06 PMAlso Spike's costume looks like shit cosplay. Really, really bad. Completely ill-fitting and not in the way the original is. It looks like he's wearing a foam novelty Spike Spiegel costume.

You're pretty alone in that - even the fans on r/cowboybebop were mostly happy with the look and portrayal of Jet and Spike.

The fandom thing is frustrating, because it corrupts any criticism. Like with Vicious - he is a bit crap, but the problem isn't that he uses guns or doesn't sound like he does in the anime. The problem is as big bad of the show, he completely fails to be menacing.

bgmnts

Vicious is shit and that whole ending to be honest isn't incredible. I got more sad by Ed and Ein leaving than Julia and Spike dying.

Has the live action show been cancelled already? Popped up on a YouTube notification thing.