Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:26:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Queen Elizabeth DEAD

Started by Mister Six, October 20, 2021, 03:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: touchingcloth on October 20, 2021, 08:52:04 PM
When the queen actually dies the palace staff and politicians won't actually say "the queen is dead" like in films in case it causes a panic, so they're all supposed to say "London Bridge is dead".

I wonder if that Smiths' album will experience a sales boom when she goes.

Jollity

Imagine if she dies on Remembrance Sunday. Or the day before. A great poppy-covered eulogy the like of which has never before been seen.

idunnosomename

can confirm: just fisted her cunt, it's stone cold. rip.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 21, 2021, 11:42:23 PM

come on now

Midas

the thought of having to endure the media circus around this is so unbearable i hope she lives forever and ever whilst everything and everyone she's ever known and loved lives and dies around her, so that even in a million years, when her royal heiness has become little more than a Lindow Man with chicken wire hair and eyes like scotch eggs she'll still be scuttling across the desert plains in search of swans to fuck.

jobotic

Yes I dread her death.

Chin up Queenie. Here's to another ninety what ever it is years!

pancreas

She wouldn't give a shit about my death so ...

chveik

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 21, 2021, 11:42:23 PM

hope you pull through

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Midas on October 22, 2021, 12:19:44 AM
the thought of having to endure the media circus around this is so unbearable

i've heard people say this loads but i honestly don't understand why people just don't pay attention to it like? i've stopped following the news for sanity's sake and i find it hard to imagine the queen's death having even the remotest impact on my life

you can just not follow most media

Cold Meat Platter

It'll be ace, don't worry. The gammon backlash over the inevitable jokes will be hilarious.

imitationleather

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 22, 2021, 12:30:08 AM
i've heard people say this loads but i honestly don't understand why people just don't pay attention to it like? i've stopped following the news for sanity's sake and i find it hard to imagine the queen's death having even the remotest impact on my life

you can just not follow most media

The Queen's death is going to be different from anything any of us have ever experienced. The entire country is going to have a nervous breakdown.

chveik

idunnosomename

it's going to be absolutely fucking incredible. it will be so intense people will be killed by it. mark my words.

imitationleather

I can only hope I live long enough to see it.

I'm not as young as I used to be, you know.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Captain Z

Get your inflatable ALFs in sharpish, that would be my advice.

Midas

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on October 22, 2021, 12:30:08 AM

i'm also attempting to avoid following the news for sanity's sake but it's the lunatics irl i'm worried about. the nhs clapping/sir lord colonel captain tom o.b.e. m.b.e. p.h.d./phil the greek stuff was bad enough. :))

Ferris

Right enough fucking about - let's make some calls.

Ferris sez: on the slab by the 5th of November, country loses its fucking mind until Christmas.

idunnosomename

remember she's only 95 +6 months: her mother lived to be nearly 102, and was way more boozy, and medicine just continues to improve. doubt she'll cark this decade honestly. despite my edgelording up thread

Cold Meat Platter

I mean why are we even hearing about this if it's not serious, though? Do we hear about every hospital appointment she has? She's 95.

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 22, 2021, 12:48:59 AM
remember she's only 95 +6 months: her mother lived to be nearly 102, and was way more boozy, and medicine just continues to improve. doubt she'll cark this decade honestly. despite my edgelording up thread

I'm in the same camp. She's 95. Dunno how many 95 year olds you've been lucky enough to receive blow-by-blow accounts of their health situation about, but from what I understand it's relentless being knackered and ill all the time. She should probably wind down the Queening about all the time, and this might be the start of that happening.

imitationleather

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 22, 2021, 12:52:37 AM
Do we hear about every hospital appointment she has?

It felt like we did about her husband for years.

idunnosomename

i mean do remember it's not beyond possibility that she could live for another 25 years. more if the imperium of britain put her body on a golden throne

imitationleather

There won't be this anxiety once we finally get an indestructible robot monarch.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: imitationleather on October 22, 2021, 12:53:42 AM
It felt like we did about her husband for years.

Yeah, you're right actually, and he's still going! Stand down, troops.

Alberon

This is just the start of half-reported half-truths about her health. I fully expect her to live longer than her mother.

I don't really cares if she lives or dies (just the same as most people in their nineties that I don't know), but I do want to see Charles as king for enough years to seriously damage the monarchy.

idunnosomename

to be fair if i could live in a palace with lots of corgis i'd probably live past 100 too

imitationleather

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 22, 2021, 01:24:07 AM
to be fair if i could live in a palace with lots of corgis i'd probably live past 100 too

You'd trip over one and break your neck before you hit seventy.

idunnosomename