Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible Artist, Album & Song Names

Started by lazyhour, October 23, 2021, 06:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Povidone

Haha I know Coolant Bowser, he's a good lad and it's a cracking DJ name.

Quite a few R.E.M ones over the last few pages, surprised nobody went for Wolves, Lower

scarecrow

Quote from: badaids on October 26, 2021, 05:30:38 PM
The Boo Radleys.

A terrible name for a terrible band that didn't exist is in The Sopranos, Adriana's band that she champions 'Visiting Day'.
I think The Boo Radleys is a decent name.

RE: the Sopranos bands, were they all supposed to be dogshit? I trust the show enough to believe they were all knowingly shit, but their performances all get just enough screen time for me to have some doubts.

chveik

Quote from: Captain Z on October 27, 2021, 03:03:38 PM
There's also a "DJ Seinfeld". What's the deal with that?

outsider house seems to be very popular but i don't really see the point, it sounds very one-dimensional. there's also DJ Sabrina the Teenage DJ

Povidone

Quote from: scarecrow on October 27, 2021, 03:39:50 PM
I think The Boo Radleys is a decent name.

RE: the Sopranos bands, were they all supposed to be dogshit? I trust the show enough to believe they were all knowingly shit, but their performances all get just enough screen time for me to have some doubts.

I thought that Visiting Day band was going for believably shit, in a way that was obvious to the audience without having to spell it out or be too knowing about it, as was their original incarnation Defiler with lyrics like 'get out of my way, don't be so gay'. You could definitely imagine some landfill grunge band sounding like that and having those lyrics in the early noughties.

The Culture Bunker

On the subject of fictional bands with terrible names: Hey, That's My Bike, from 'Reality Bites'. I don't like grunge music in general, but as they were (presumably) a Hollywood executive's idea of grunge, they're doubly crap. I don't think I've heard Ethan Hawke sing in any other film, somewhat mercifully.

GoblinAhFuckScary

a controversial project near me was called rapesbladder. caused a bit of a stirrrrrr

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: jobotic on October 26, 2021, 03:37:18 PM
I like the name Bit Meddler

Yeah, that is an excellent name for an electronic artist.

jobotic

Quote from: chveik on October 27, 2021, 03:41:55 PM
outsider house seems to be very popular but i don't really see the point, it sounds very one-dimensional. there's also DJ Sabrina the Teenage DJ

I like it. DJ Windows XP is a terrible name though.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: jobotic on October 26, 2021, 03:37:18 PM
I like the name Bit Meddler

Bit Meddler is a great name. There was also someone called Errorsmith, that was a good name. And of course, DJ Yo-Yo Dieting.

Gregory Torso

Fate Vs Free Willy. Great band, shitty name.