Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Peacemaker - Suicide Squad TV spinoff

Started by Rev+, October 26, 2021, 03:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

Alright, someone will pull me up on it having a richer heritage than the most recent Suicide Squad film, but shut up, it's a spin-off of that.

https://youtu.be/OODneEUWUQY

I'd be up for a silly superhero show, but this seems to both be trying too hard and not at all.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Rev+ on October 26, 2021, 03:00:02 AM
I'd be up for a silly superhero show, but this seems to both be trying too hard and not at all.

Just like Suicide Squad, then.

dissolute ocelot

DC seems good at animated TV shows and competent-but-slightly-dull live action. Possibly they intend to combine the two approaches.

John Cena can be a funny actor, in an ensemble (e.g. Blockers) but not really convinced he can do more than look tough and say silly things.

Definitely not much expectation for this, and the trailer seems to be in the terrain of zany but not funny, but who knows? Maybe it'll help pass a few hours in the inexorable journey to the grave.

letsgobrian

I am fascinated by Gunn honing in on a very specific corner of DC publishing history, namely mid to late eighties Paul Kupperberg comics.

While a number of them were adjacent to the better remembered Suicide Squad comic of the era, it still seems a curious vein to mine, given that the best remembered issues in his run on Vigilante are two fill-in issues from Alan Moore and Jim Baikie.

Based on the trailer this Vigilante seems fairly comic accurate in costume, but significantly less of a riff on 1983 thriller The Star Chamber than the comic.