Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:03:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

"Mort" Sahl

Started by madhair60, October 27, 2021, 12:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Not sure anyone on here is a Mort Sahl fan but Mort Sahl away

up_the_hampipe

If MortSahlFan suddenly stops posting now, my theory will be confirmed.

Cold Meat Platter

Cold Meat Platter

the #metoos are flooding in now, jesus this guy was a fucking creep. Anne Widdecombe in bits.

FsF

Mobius

Is he the one that had a massive cock

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Mobius on October 27, 2021, 12:42:48 AM

That was Milton Berle. Hung like Milton Berle, apparently.

Mobius

Oh yeah that's right, I just remembered Mort Sahl is actually my favourite satirist, not my favourite big cocked old comedian.

Captain Z

Just thought about the possibility of this thread title 3/4 days ago.

I think there is a member here who once mentioned he was a Mort Sahl fan, can't remember his name though.

Mobius

Only just noticed you made this thread because he literally just died. Thought you were just taking the piss

RIP

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

It's sad, really, that the pioneering satirist Mort Sahl is best known in Britain for his starring role in Carry On But Stop That Camel.

I never found Mort Sahl funny, but I appreciate how influential he was. I feel the same way about Lenny Bruce. Interesting people to read about from a historical perspective, and that's about it for me.

The greatest stand‐up of that generation was Woody Allen. And, well, you know. But I'm not going to pretend that Allen wasn't a brilliant comic in his heyday.

chveik

commiserations to his fan

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Mobius on October 27, 2021, 12:42:48 AM
No but I hear his fan has a large prick

MortSahlFan

Most of you are fucking scum. Your comments say a lot more about you than they do about Mort Sahl, who has more guts than most of you dead than you will ever have. And more talent. And more humanity.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: MortSahlFan on October 27, 2021, 03:28:48 AM
Most of you are fucking scum. Your comments say a lot more about you than they do about Mort Sahl, who HAD more guts than most of you dead than you will ever have. And more talent. And more humanity.
FTFY

Mister Six

Nominative determinism at work.

Mobius

I'm surprised he died I thought he was immortsahl

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Away From Life.
( Instead of " A Way Of Life" his 1960 album on the Verve record label.)

Chedney Honks

Most of you are fucking scum. Your comments say a lot more about you than they do about Mort Sahl, who has more guts than most of you dead than you will ever have. And more talent. And more humanity.

I have to be honest, I don't know his work at all, only his influence and his newspaper, but this is undoubtedly true. Condolences to you.

idunnosomename

The Mollusk

Shuffled off his mortsahl coil

jobotic

but less life

Old Nehamkin

madhair60

Turned myself into a pickle Mort Sahl

Shaky

Had the pleasure of morting Meet Sahl at a charity do once.

The Culture Bunker

If you play the game Mafia III, you can see his second wife in the buff via one of the Playboy photoshoots that are collectible.

This is all I know about Mort Sahl.

darby o chill

I know death jokes are a part of CaB but this feels a bit cuntish. Nearly every mention of Mort gets sneered at. MortSahlFan always comes across as enthusiastic about a man who was obviously a well respected & influential comedian.
It's not that difficult to imagine he feels the same way you felt about Norm MacDonald or Rik Mayall.
You stupid bald bastards. Bye!

Chollis

Your top 10 favourite Mort Sahls?

Barry Admin

Yes darby, CC isn't really the place for this, sorry folks.

Mort Sahl was an absolute trailblazer and almost single-handedly defined stand-up comedy, down to what could be talked about and even how you could be dressed when performing. Literally one of the most important and original talents in comedy history.

A true legend, RIP.