Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:40:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The cost of Adele

Started by Butchers Blind, October 27, 2021, 11:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDanketies

I can't think of many good concerts I've been to at the MEN but I'm still spending a shit tonne of money seeing bands there in the immediate future.

I saw Planet Earth with an orchestra there, which was good. We're seeing an orchestra playing 'Ibiza Classics' there with an orchestra and I'm optimistic about it. Less optimistic about Alanis Morisette, Billie Eilish or Dua Lipa. After seeing Mark Knopfler and Madness there and not really enjoying either, I resolved never to go to another concert there, but stuff I want to see is on there, so fuck it.

I remember seeing Meatloaf there when I was about 16 and thinking it was very poor, but my old-fucker woodwork teacher also going and talking about how incredible it was. Perhaps it doesn't seem that bad if you never go to a £20 show in a smaller venue.

Butchers Blind

Can't understand what people are going to get in terms of a show for the price Adele is charging. She sings mostly ballads from what I've heard so it doesn't lend itself to the flashing lights and big dance numbers of say a Beyonce concert.

Hat FM

i remember going to see blur at Hyde park ten or so years back. i was standing around the middle and people were chanting 'turn it up' during their set. it was someone had the radio on in a car a while down the road. the sound at Glastonbury is always great but i spose they've had some practice. its normally pretty good at victoria park in hackney also but that is weather dependent.

JaDanketies

You wanna know extravagance; I went to Damnation festival (£51 early-bird ticket) and had a return train ticket from Leeds, but my phone  died and I had taken LSD and ket. I'd previously seen how much a hotel room would cost (>£100) so I instead got an uber the whole way from Leeds to Manchester, right to my front door, costing £75 and with literally just me in it.

Three years ago I would've had no alternative than to sit in that Taco Bell, charging my phone until it could take me to the train station, and then wait for a train, sit on the train for over an hour, get out in Manchester City Centre and then get a night bus. Would've taken me several hours, I would be staggering around major public transport hubs sniffing k, and I wouldn't have even complained. It's like I've got money to burn these days.

imitationleather

Quote from: Hat FM on November 11, 2021, 03:03:51 PM
i remember going to see blur at Hyde park ten or so years back. i was standing around the middle and people were chanting 'turn it up' during their set. it was someone had the radio on in a car a while down the road. the sound at Glastonbury is always great but i spose they've had some practice. its normally pretty good at victoria park in hackney also but that is weather dependent.

I mentioned that gig earlier in the thread. It's because of the uber-rich residents around the park not wanting any noise past 7pm.