Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:59:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Delightfully Ghoulish Giallo mix made by some bloke(also post any spooky music)

Started by Misspent Boners, October 29, 2021, 11:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's that time of year where I annually message my mate to remind me what this is called as I can never remember the name, and then retrieve before he gets back to me with a link much to his annoyance

https://m.soundcloud.com/ryanmtodd/il-suono-scuro?in=ryanmtodd%2Fsets%2Fil-suono-scuro

Very entertaining to listen to and a good retrospective of that 70s horror disco made by Goblin etc, it's perfect for a Halloween party because it's both fun and atmospheric, which I guess is what giallo is. I love it!

It only occurred to me earlier this year that Thriller by M Jackson was surely at least instrumentally a pastiche of giallo music but there seems to be no concurrency of this so maybe I'm a fool

Any other spooky fun Halloween music welcome...Its Halloween by the Shaggs is a given 🥴

Magnum Valentino

Dirty Boy

I think Goblin's Suspiria wins the thread. Perfect shit yerself music.

So much Morricone fits the bill, especially the full s/t's for Four Flies On Velvet and The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (and John Carpenters The Thing which i think was shit on at the time for some bizarre reason), but If we're going for the livelier ones Magic And Ecstacy[nb]Sampled heavily on this[/nb] is a groovy fucker.

The Residents made a career out of spooky bollocks, Sinister Exaggerrator is one of many

Secret Chiefs doing Halloween is also good.

Thanks for the mix, it's good shtuff.

BlodwynPig