Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:11:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Non-humans in the credits

Started by thecuriousorange, October 31, 2021, 12:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
When I'm watching a film that has a dog in it, I always make a note of its name then check for it in the credits. They include it a suprising amount of the time.

After listing all the people, it will say something like:

Bouncer - Fido

It's cutesy and stupid, but I get a kick out of it, even though I'm not even a dog person. I've noticed it in a lot of nineties disaster films.

Any favourite examples of a cat/budgie/robot etc being included in the credits?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

One sheep was killed in the making of this film

Midas

Blumf

Quote from: Angrew Lloyg Wegger on October 31, 2021, 12:32:40 AM
One sheep was killed in the making of this film

If they had an animal birth in the film, would the say something like "One cow was created in the making of this film"?

Dusty Substance

Magnum Valentino

kalowski

I don't do this for animals, but love it when old films have a credit like "Gowns by René".

Blumf

Quote from: kalowski on October 31, 2021, 07:53:49 AM
I don't do this for animals, but love it when old films have a credit like "Gowns by René".

Was it The Persuaders that had 'Suits by Rodger Moore' in the credits?

mothman

dissolute ocelot

"All dead fish in this film were killed as part of preexisting commercial fishing operations, and their deaths were not staged for the film."

mothman

Good God, is that a real credit?!

McChesney Duntz

My favorite-ever closing credits disclaimer, from the disaster film (in more ways than one) The Swarm:

notjosh

Name above the title mate, doesn't get much bigger than this:

jenna appleseed

He can't have Jaws Of Steel, he ain't K-9 that evil robot dog off of Wallace & Gromit.

Tikwid

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on October 31, 2021, 07:35:23 AM
Watched this one the other night.

That's not just crediting the skeleton as playing himself, that's also saying in a more general sense that the skeleton is by himself -
Spoiler alert
he ain't got no body
[close]

Uncle TechTip

Pippin has his (her?) own imdb page: https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2830009/?ref_=fn_al_nm_0

That's the dog from Come Outside and Woof! It was in loads of adverts of the time too.

Mister Six

Quote from: Blumf on October 31, 2021, 10:53:33 AM
Was it The Persuaders that had 'Suits by Rodger Moore' in the credits?

Patrick Macnee got a credit for Steed's sartorial choices in The Avengers, IIRC.

Replies From View

Quote from: Blumf on October 31, 2021, 01:03:31 AM
If they had an animal birth in the film, would the say something like "One cow was created in the making of this film"?

They say "forged" I think

Replies From View

Gentle Ben performed by Coma Inducing Boredom (the bear)

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on October 31, 2021, 10:25:25 PM
Pippin has his (her?) own imdb page: https://m.imdb.com/name/nm2830009/?ref_=fn_al_nm_0

That's the dog from Come Outside and Woof! It was in loads of adverts of the time too.

I remember Pippin from those things and the Stranger Danger film we were shown at school. It's because of Pippin that I now have a fear of dark blue mk II Ford Transits and being offered sweets.

lipsink

For ages, people thought Prince was in 'Fargo' due to this cast list at the end:

Turns out the Coen brothers knew Prince and he asked to have a cameo in the film but was ultimately unable to. They left it in the credits as an in-joke.

another Mr. Lizard

One of the writers on a movie book I'm currently editing mentioned 'Orangey' in a review I checked over this morning. Aka 'Rhubarb' (named after his screen debut), he won two cat Oscars (the 'Patsy', Pet Animal Star of the Year) and appeared in Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Diary of Anne Frank, and his showstealing performance in The Incredible Shrinking Man. Also worked on telly in Batman and Alfred Hitchcock Presents. Sometimes credited as Orangey, sometimes as Rhubarb, and sometimes went without official recognition.

Fr.Bigley

boki

The Orang-Utan who played Clyde in the '...Which Way...' films was called MANIS.

Brundle-Fly

Forbidden Planet (1956)

And introducing 'Robby The Robot'. 

Poor old uncredited Marvin Millar.

Blumf

The Mollusk

The dog in "The Thing" was called Jed, which is a thoroughly pleasant and amiable name for someone who gave one of the most unsettling performances in horror movie history.

Magnum Valentino

Fuckin right, that shot of him walking down the corridor looking in all the rooms is amazing.