Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:13:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Non-humans in the credits

Started by thecuriousorange, October 31, 2021, 12:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on November 06, 2021, 08:46:52 AM
Fuckin right, that shot of him walking down the corridor looking in all the rooms is amazing.

Seen it a hundred times but got to see it at the cinema this Halloween. That corridor bit makes me seize up and stare in unblinking fear every time I've seen it but it was something else on the big screen, room full of about 100 other people frozen in silence at it. Just a dog having a walk. It's incredible.

JesusAndYourBush

Parsley the cat was just credited as Lil BUB in I'll Be Next Door For Christmas on Freeview 51.

gilbertharding

Quote from: kalowski on October 31, 2021, 07:53:49 AM
I don't do this for animals, but love it when old films have a credit like "Gowns by René".

Telly Savalas' (and Lyle Waggner's, and Jack Klugman's, and Dick van Dyke's) wardrobe furnished by BOTANY 500. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botany_500

non capisco

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on November 05, 2021, 10:18:24 PM

Can't put my finger on why I find that funny, I think it's the suggestion that Jabba isn't fictional. He's a real life big slug personality that everyone in the seventies and eighties would have known and seen on the chat show circuit, like Peter Ustinov.

The Mollusk

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 08, 2021, 11:55:33 PM
Parsley the cat was just credited as Lil BUB in I'll Be Next Door For Christmas on Freeview 51.

Lil BUB (RIP) was a super well-known "internet celebrity" cat. I actually cried when the news broke that she had died because I'm a fucking melt AND PROUD.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: non capisco on November 10, 2021, 05:36:31 PM
Can't put my finger on why I find that funny, I think it's the suggestion that Jabba isn't fictional. He's a real life big slug personality that everyone in the seventies and eighties would have known and seen on the chat show circuit, like Peter Ustinov.

Same :) Even more surprised by the Gregg Proops credit though, assuming it's the one most of us tend to think of.

buzby

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on November 10, 2021, 10:24:43 PM
Same :) Even more surprised by the Gregg Proops credit though, assuming it's the one most of us tend to think of.
It is, but you might not have recognised him though as it was ultimately only a voice role. Remember the two-headed commentator at the pod race? It was Fode (Proops) and Beed (Scott Capurro, who had to speak his lines in Huttese). Both Proops and Capurro were actually on set in blue bodysuits and heavy prosthetic makeup, but Lucas later decided to replace their faces with CGI as well:

They were cast after the UK casting director saw them performing at the Edinburgh Festival.

Are we going to ignore the fact that the Return of the Jedi screenshot above has "Gin" credited with playing a character? A drink acting in a film?

buzby

Quote from: thecuriousorange on November 11, 2021, 02:25:44 PM
Are we going to ignore the fact that the Return of the Jedi screenshot above has "Gin" credited with playing a character? A drink acting in a film?
It's from The Phantom Menace. 'Gin' is Gin Clarke, a British model (under her first name Gin) who was one of Jean-Paul Gaultier's muses and later tried her hand at acting. Her first role was as one of Diva's assistants in The Fifth Element. She followed that with the role of one of the Jedi Council in TPM and that was the last thing she did (apart from unused TPM footage being reused in Attack Of The Clones).

non capisco

Ah, I used to work in the same company as Gin, she's sound! She went into VFX production after she stopped modelling and acting.

I've sadly never shared office space with Jabba the Hutt though :-(

C_Larence

Just watched Roar (1981) This disclaimer pops up in the opening credits:
QuoteSince the choice was made to use untrained animals and since for the most part they chose to do as they wished, it's only fair they share the writing and directing credits

70 cast and crew members were injured over the course of filming.

George White

Always remember as a kid being baffled by the credits for the Famous Five in the back of my library's 70s tie-in paperbacks. "And Toddy Woodgate as Timmy".
Now, realise this was Toddy, owned by Joan Woodgate.
Googled  Ms. Woodgate, and it turns out members of the Woodgate family played the dogs in the Omen (and the Final Conflict), the dog version of Evil's minion Benson in Time Bandits, dogs in the 1979 Rebecca, Smiley's People, Juliet Bravo and Ewah Woowah horror the Appointment.

dissolute ocelot

One of the Harry Potter films has "No dragons were harmed in the making of this movie." I just saw there's a TV Tropes page, which says Naked Gun 33 1/3 has a list of animals that became extinct during filming and Four Lions has "One sheep was blown up in the making of this film" but doesn't mention Lee and Herring's When Insects Attack.

George White

There's a cat actor called Tiberius Grant credited in On the Buses.

See also
Frank Murray who played Jackie the Dog in Southern TV soap Together.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: George White on November 13, 2021, 05:31:28 PM
There's a cat actor called Tiberius Grant credited in On the Buses.

See also
Frank Murray who played Jackie the Dog in Southern TV soap Together.
Is there Equity for animal actors? Is there a central register to ensure there's only one dog actor called Spot or Butch? Frank Murray is a great dog name, though.

Johnny Foreigner

Stephen Whittaker's The Rocket Post, which was filmed in the Outer Hebrides, features a prominent sheep called Margaret. To make this point absolutely clear, she is mentioned in the credits as Margaret the sheep, played by Margaret.
Intriguingly, there is also a swimming cow who has a name, but there is no trace of her in the credits.