Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:30:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not putting the name of the artist or album on the cover is always a wank move

Started by Rev+, November 01, 2021, 02:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Foreigner

Der Blutharsch released three albums that had no title, and until 2011, none of the tracks on their albums had names, and I used to think that was a really fascist thing to do.
However, they are adamant they are not Nazis, so that's all-right, then. Up Der Blutharsch!

kalowski

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 01, 2021, 11:30:20 AM
Simply add the band and album title with tippex.
Reminds me that my vinyl copy of Rod Stewart's debut solo album has SHIT scratched into his head.

Brundle-Fly

Is this the best sight gag rock star pretentiousness pricking album sleeve of all time?

sutin

Quote from: lazyhour on November 01, 2021, 07:16:44 PM
Francoise Hardy had eleven self-titled albums. I doubt anyone else can beat that!

I'm sure fucking Weezer will beat it eventually, those cunts refuse to give up.

purlieu

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 01, 2021, 07:42:10 PM
Is this the best sight gag rock star pretentiousness pricking album sleeve of all time?

I love this. I'm also quite fond of Autechre's Untilted, especially as some people still get it wrong, 16 years later.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: sutin on November 01, 2021, 09:17:56 PM
I'm sure fucking Weezer will beat it eventually, those cunts refuse to give up.

Didn't Chicago do about 30?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on November 01, 2021, 09:44:12 PM
Didn't Chicago do about 30?

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 01, 2021, 07:23:11 PM
Chicago have had at least 15 albums that are just their name followed by a number, if that counts.
I was just thinking of studio albums, though if you count various live and compilation albums, it creeps towards 30. However, up to the steward's enquiry as to whether they count as self-titled, as it's "Chicago V", "Chicago XXX" etc

Pauline Walnuts

I do sometimes worry about how my estate is going to deal with my records with no group name/title/tracks on them after I die.

But then I'll be dead, so not my problem, lol!

phantom_power

Quote from: sevendaughters on November 01, 2021, 11:53:37 AM

a bigger wank move is self-titling a non-debut record.

My friend got really annoyed with the Charlatans for having the temerity to name their fourth album Beggars Banquet as it was already the name of a Stones album, not realising that was the record label and the album was self-titled

gilbertharding

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 01, 2021, 07:42:10 PM

I know what 'eponymous' means (I looked it up in 1988) but is there something I'm missing? Do the graphics mean something?

JohnnyCouncil

Wasn't allowed to put anything on the front cover of my album due to licensing. Looks better that way. Also too dumb to resize.

Glebe

Don't agree, an album cover can be a piece of art and sometimes having text over it spoils the effect.

imitationleather

I'll be the judge of what's art and what's not art, thank you very much.