Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:31:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Limp Bizkit Still Sucks

Started by madhair60, November 01, 2021, 11:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

^
I
I
I
new album out so fuck all of this "ooh aren't my tastes obscure" posturing shit
I
I
I
V

sevendaughters

a brave post that someone had to make

jobotic

JaDanketies

Listening to it now.

Fred Durst is 51.

edit: Alexa only had the first track for free but that was enough for me

Magnum Valentino

I like the first track a lot. Won't be listening to Dad Vibes ever again so I will never experience this in its entirety.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: madhair60 on November 01, 2021, 11:41:38 AM
all of this "ooh aren't my tastes obscure" posturing shit

Sometimes I'm genuinely baffled at the world you live in and how you take on information. Like there are people constantly asking your opinion on Squid Game and the new Limp Biscuit album. Who are these people?

Kankurette

up_the_hampipe

I'd recommend the Woodstock 99 documentary that HBO did a little while ago. I think it's called 'Peace, Love and Rage'. One of the best docs I've seen in ages. Relevant recommendation as it examines the rise of bands such as Limp Bizkit and Korn, and what it did for Yoof Culture in the US at the time.

Wonderful Butternut

I think I'll just go ahead and save myself the trouble of listening to this.

madhair60

Quote from: checkoutgirl on November 01, 2021, 12:57:17 PM
Sometimes I'm genuinely baffled at the world you live in and how you take on information. Like there are people constantly asking your opinion on Squid Game and the new Limp Biscuit album. Who are these people?

I don't actually think that. It's a joke based on an absurd premise

The Mollusk

Quote from: checkoutgirl on November 01, 2021, 12:57:17 PM

Twice you've done this now. Posturing if ever I saw it.

chveik

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on November 01, 2021, 12:48:26 PM
I like the first track a lot. Won't be listening to Dad Vibes ever again so I will never experience this in its entirety.

The fourth song is fucking deadly. It's a shame this album has a such a shit name, cover and lead single.

Let youse know when I check out the fifth song, no bother lads. Youse are welcome

up_the_hampipe

I liked the album, and the cover art and single are funny to me. So 'av that.

sutin

Limp Bizkit are simultaneously terrible and fascinating. It's a deadly combination.

Twit 2

I had the Limp Bizkit albums back in the day and while my tastes have moved on, I'm not too cool to admit that their new song is bloody awful.

up_the_hampipe

peanutbutter

Lullapolooza this year was the first time a more mainstream festival had the sense to book them in a middle of the day slot, went down extremely well and has led to a bit of a re-evaluation. Given how big and dumb their best songs are, and how there's just enough recognisable ones to fill up a 45 minutee festival set, they're absolutely perfect for that kind of slot.

Video Game Fan 2000

I'm never heard of Lamp Bucket in my life, are they a britpop outfit?

madhair60

fucking love Limp Bizkit man. so stupid. so good.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

I think limp biscuit are alright, I like the funny rapping man and some of the guitar riffs are quite good

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

This new album is well half arsed. Should have been a 5 track EP. Too much acoustic singing shite.

bushwick

fuckin love Limp Bizkit, and I believe that Nu Metal in general was a cultural peak. way more inclusive and interesting than the cooler than thou regressive indie bollocks that came afterwards. The Strokes never did a song with Method Man or worked with DJ Premier. Was more relatable to see a chunkier lad up there rappin and singin than some cool cheekbones posho trying to look like a junkie.

used to have a hell commute on tube in London that sometimes took 2 hours on a bad day and I would get home fuckin raging, put on "Break Stuff", chuck stuff about and go nuts for a bit then smoke a joint of resin and watch MTV Base.

New album is pretty good, few bangers on there. Disappointed in lack of guest rappers or modern day rap producers. Listening to last track "Goodbye" it strikes me that Fred is genuinely good at writing pop songs and simple, emotive lyrics, and I could genuinely see him becoming a writer for contemporary pop stars like the 4 non blondes lass did

imitationleather

At school if you liked Limp Bizkit you most definitely were not allowed to be in my gang.

No one at school was all that bothered by this. Which was extremely lucky for them because those cunts fucking loved Limp Bizkit.

amateur

The Mollusk

Quote from: bushwick on November 03, 2021, 03:03:24 PM
fuckin love Limp Bizkit, and I believe that Nu Metal in general was a cultural peak. way more inclusive and interesting than the cooler than thou regressive indie bollocks that came afterwards. The Strokes never did a song with Method Man or worked with DJ Premier. Was more relatable to see a chunkier lad up there rappin and singin than some cool cheekbones posho trying to look like a junkie.

Remember when Travis did a smarmy ironic cover of "Baby One More Time"? Look who's still on top, it's Durst baby. Whether a lot of nu-metal bands were consciously aware of it or not, they were often just writing heavy pop music. Limp Bizkit at its best is ridiculously catchy and fun, and broadly speaking, metal as a genre has always had some degree of either nerdy or jokey escapism to it. It's perfectly fine to dislike metal but if people want to try and sneer and poke fun at the faults (which, I'd argue, are actually its strengths) then they're simply not getting the full picture.

jobotic

Hang on, I thought Limp Bizkit and Travis were both shit and I was right then and I'm right now.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: The Mollusk on November 09, 2021, 10:52:53 AM
Remember when Travis did a smarmy ironic cover of "Baby One More Time"?

No where as smarmy as Richard Thompson's cover of Oops I did it Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4WGsMplGxU

Smug bald twat, remember when you were sucking on any corporate cock to get Rumour and Sign into the chart? And failed because you can't write a pop song a tenth as good at Britney at her best. Fuck off and take your one guitar solo you've been dragging out for 25 years with you.