Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taking it too far?

Started by Bigfella, November 03, 2021, 11:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfella

There will always be debate about what kind of material should be off limits for whatever reason.  What about physical acts on stage?  What is unacceptable?  Personally, I suppose I could live with somebody spitting or breaking wind on stage.  I draw the line at having a crap or getting your dick out, that's a bit much.

Swoz_MK

Dirty Sanchez impressed me with a bit of cannibalism, that was good.

Utter Shit

I just don't see why they need to be so rude.

Johnny Foreigner

Performing naked is all-right as a kind of statement, I suppose, although it's a bit niche.

To me, vulgarity for the sake of vulgarity is more offensive than a human body. Let's say I am glad Chubby Arse isn't real.

JaDanketies

I think I'd be okay with someone showing us their prolapse on stage.

wrec

Quote from: Bigfella on November 03, 2021, 11:25:11 AM
I draw the line at having a crap or getting your dick out, that's a bit much.

This suggests the idea of GG Allin style antics done not for confrontational, shock impact but purely for comedic value

Noodle Lizard

Jerry Sadowitz has pulled his dick out more or less every time I've seen him (although one time it was fake). I can't recall any context for it, really, but it fit in with the general ambience of his performance, and willies are inherently quite funny of course.

I couldn't count the amount of musicians who do stuff like that as part of a live performance, though, so I'm not sure it's fair to suggest comedy should be any more restricted. I think unless it comes to physical confrontations with the audience, it's fair enough.

Bigfella

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on November 03, 2021, 08:36:17 PM
Jerry Sadowitz has pulled his dick out more or less every time I've seen him (although one time it was fake). I can't recall any context for it, really, but it fit in with the general ambience of his performance, and willies are inherently quite funny of course.

I couldn't count the amount of musicians who do stuff like that as part of a live performance, though, so I'm not sure it's fair to suggest comedy should be any more restricted. I think unless it comes to physical confrontations with the audience, it's fair enough.
I'm not trying to lay down the law, there would be a time and a place for it. Puppetry of the Penis - okay, clue's in the name so you know what you're getting.  C.K. Lewis - no thanks, we know he'd enjoy it too much.

Virgo76

There was indeed a time and a place for that kind of thing. Unfortunately it was in France in about 1397 AD.