Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glinna sadda defeata: 13 going on TERFy: How do you 13eat 13eaver 13other

Started by madhair60, November 03, 2021, 10:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadagoose

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 27, 2021, 04:34:33 PMYeah, I try not to directly associate his name with their crap, but yeah, she said some absolutely rotten shit about him.
Oh yeah, they're always trying to say gay men who support trans people are paedophiles in some way, much like homophobes of the past. Hmmmmmmmm

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Thursday on November 27, 2021, 03:52:35 PMIt's still in doubt whether he actually knows about the pandemic.

Good point! I'd forgotten that he never mentions it, and that even climate change only ever gets a passing mention.

Barry Admin

Quote from: canadagoose on November 27, 2021, 04:41:54 PMOh yeah, they're always trying to say gay men who support trans people are paedophiles in some way, much like homophobes of the past. Hmmmmmmmm

Yeah, they're relentlessly dirty fighters too. They know that mud sticks, and they know how to do tabloidy shit and play for sympathy.

phantom_power

How unhinged from reality to you have to be to think transphobia doesn't exist. I can sort of see how they justify to themselves that they aren't transphobic but to say that it doesn't happen anywhere ever is just barmy

buttgammon

I'm literally around the corner from Leinster House right now, so I missed the idiots by a few hours. There also seems to have been some sort of anti-lockdown bollocks in the city today - a similarly small number of sad individuals who need to get a new PA system if the crackly speeches I heard a short while ago were anything anything go by.

idunnosomename

Graham Linehan's really racking up those parliament buildings. Budapest's got a nice one, although he'd probably just sport a "keep up the good work lads" sign

Dr Rock

Quote from: phantom_power on November 27, 2021, 04:59:12 PMHow unhinged from reality to you have to be to think transphobia doesn't exist. I can sort of see how they justify to themselves that they aren't transphobic but to say that it doesn't happen anywhere ever is just barmy

I think it goes like 'There's a trans agenda, and it's all built on arguments and positions and life experiences, but terfs know better and know they're all wrong about absolutely everything. Therefore there's actually no such thing as 'trans', so you can't be transphobic'.

jobotic

Quote from: Dr Rock on November 27, 2021, 05:13:51 PMI think it goes like 'There's a trans agenda, and it's all built on arguments and positions and life experiences, but terfs know better and know they're all wrong about absolutely everything. Therefore there's actually no such thing as 'trans', so you can't be transphobic'.

Islam's not a race actually its a religion so how can it be racist to be Islamophobic actually?

Kankurette

Quote from: JaDanketies on November 27, 2021, 04:27:35 PMWe all know there's a hateful bloodlust. St Magdalene would have no empathy upon hearing of the suicide of a trans woman, and she was hinged compared to some of them.

Jack Appleby also became persona non-grata because he said transphobia is a thing.  This seems like the biggest schism. "Do you have any space in your heart for any trans person at all, ever? y/n'.
Gendertrender - I'm not sure if they're still going - celebrated the deaths of trans women too.

Thursday

bigfatheart

madhair60

Dr Rock

retsuza

Quote from: Kankurette on November 27, 2021, 05:43:55 PMcelebrated the deaths of trans women too

Worth noting that when a trans person was stabbed in September, Graham blamed trans ACCEPTANCE for the violence and it's still up on his facebook page:

JamesTC

QDRPHNC

phes

even their whimsy is transphobic. they really are the sorryist cunts in town

idunnosomename

Graham posted the speech he made at Dublin

QuoteAngry women are terrifying. Ask any married man. I know because I used to be one.
Lllllllllooooooooollllllllllll

edit: lmao he reads it off his fucking phone
https://youtu.be/5TMDVb_YzQo?t=542

g0m

QDRPHNC

That's not quite a banana on his phone case, but it's not far off.

Barry Admin

Skipped through it and landed on "JK Rowling."

What a sad prick he is; it's absolutely freezing in NI today and I can't imagine it's much different down South. All this fucking about just because he couldn't take criticism of a single episode of a TV show, despite being a former professional critic.  Deranged.

Edit: Skipped through the Ceri Black stuff and landed on her saying stuff about David Paisley again.  Bait.

PaulTMA

JamesTC

Considering how vague the banner and placards are, I wonder if some people just assumed they were an anti-vaxx march.

Barry Admin

I'm actually just stunned at what I'm seeing.  People used to tell me not to worry so much about the impact of Twitter on wider society because it's just internet, but now you've got these fucking loons standing outside a parliament building, giving speeches on loudspeakers about David Paisley's tweets.  Forgot the wider picture regards all their transphobic shit for a second, and just think about how bonkers that actually is.  And they still think they're the suffragettes!

All this hatred, division and nonsense, just because they care so much about where people go to take a shite.  Unreal.

sophie.pilbeam

Found the ending relevant in light of Karen Actually's comment that Gender Critical Coming Out Day is just Graham trying to salvage his reputation and relevancy:

Quote from: GrahamI get angry all the time, and it does nothing, because everyone just thinks I'm mad. But if every woman here gets angry, and encourages every woman they know to get angry too, then this absurd, incoherent, irrational, misogynistic, homophobic fad will wither and die

I mean, it was very clearly always about him, but he's literally ending his big speech with "Nobody listens to me anymore, so try and get people to pay attention again on my women's behalf".

jobotic

QuoteAngry women are terrifying. Ask any married man. I know because I used to be one

He used to be an angry woman?

I didn't see this twist coming, I must admit.

Barry Admin

Quote from: LinehanHow many young girls should cut off their healthy breasts, or take drugs that destroy their sexual pleasure? Not one more.

Oh dear.