Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:55:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Limmy's show on iPlayer with original music

Started by Cold Meat Platter, November 04, 2021, 08:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19694987.limmys-show-watch-three-series-limmys-show/

Just this, really. All episodes are up on the iplayer with the original music rather than the substitutions for Netflix etc.

Icehaven

Ornlu

Anytime a want it. Day or night, free a charge.

Cheers!

druss

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 04, 2021, 08:39:37 PM
https://www.thenational.scot/news/19694987.limmys-show-watch-three-series-limmys-show/

Just this, really. All episodes are up on the iplayer with the original music rather than the substitutions for Netflix etc.
I wasn't aware of any music changing, what stuff did they have to replace?

The Guppy

I know they had to remove the Jean-Michel Jarre tune from Adventure Call. And I'm pretty sure they changed the ringtone in the "he was just lying there, his arms and legs hacked off, and he didn't know why" bit, from Holiday Rap to Hooray! Hooray! It's a Holi-Holiday, but I can't be arsed to check.

edit: https://twitter.com/daftlimmy/status/1316836707355029510
QuoteWe had to change the music for Netflix cos of different licensing agreements. The BBC has a kind of blanket agreement with publishers where we could use pretty much any music, but Netflix is different.

Dee Dee without The Orb never felt right to me, but I had to change it.

Helvetica Scenario

Great that the pilot's on there but I was hoping the Christmas special would be there too. There's a low quality version on YouTube but has it been released anywhere else?

Icehaven

Quote from: druss on November 14, 2021, 04:25:12 PM
I wasn't aware of any music changing, what stuff did they have to replace?

There's a sketch set in a cafe in series 2 or 3 that on Netflix had the LS theme tune for the part of it that needed music, but the original has a Pet Shop Boys track.

Captain Z

Strangely, there was a period in the last year or two where the Christmas special was the only Limmy episode on iPlayer.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on November 14, 2021, 06:46:37 PM
Great that the pilot's on there but I was hoping the Christmas special would be there too. There's a low quality version on YouTube but has it been released anywhere else?

You can buy it digitally on Amazon, as far as I know that's it as far as an official release goes.

Helvetica Scenario

Ah okay, thanks both. Suppose there may be a chance it'll be back on iPlayer for Christmas then, otherwise I'll give Bezo a bit of Chrimbo cash.

Cold Meat Platter

I assume his Tina Turner impression was cut...

jsgibble

Quote from: Helvetica Scenario on November 14, 2021, 06:46:37 PM

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-DApL5YESrD_5hbSaZe7KXxDiqQxZTow

If anyone has the Series 1 Best of I'd appreciate it, it's the only episode I don't have

An tSaoi

Is the rights issue the reason why there was no S3 DVD?

neveragain

Possibly a sales issue? As in, the amount of.

Captain Z

Quote from: neveragain on November 15, 2021, 11:16:29 AM
Possibly a sales issue? As in, the amount of.

Probably. I noticed the other day that PhoneShop has a similar thing, series 1 (2010) and 2 (2011) were released on DVD, but not series 3 (2013).

Old Nehamkin

According to Limmy, the dvd release of series 3 was scuppered by some apparently intractable legal issue resulting from a production oversight involving music licensing. I don't know the specifics but I guess it just wasn't something that the BBC (or any other relevant parties) were willing to spend the time or effort resolving.

Goldentony

there's a Prince song in series 3, the builders dancing to Vanity 6