Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A thread for moaning on and on about how the Marvel films are shite

Started by Mister Six, November 04, 2021, 11:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Replies From View

Quote from: Greg Torso on November 17, 2021, 09:23:21 AM
all Marvel films should end with 'YOU HAVE BEEN WATCHING' and scenes of Bella Emburg and Lieutenant Gruber and George Lazenby with searing character profiles burning into your shit retinas so every time you blink you can see the entire cast of whatever visual babyfood slurry you have been stuffing into the life experience filing cabinets within your undeveloped radon and asbestos infused brain offices.

Stomping past like the dead cast of Dad's Army

Replies From View

Quote from: Chollis on November 17, 2021, 11:21:52 AM
Thor vs Timmy Mallet, TBA

Is Thor any good at word association games?  Really think this could result in the only good Marvel film

Replies From View

And then he has to keep coming up with synonyms for joy

Come on, let's get it made

QDRPHNC

Remember the #girlpower bit in Endgame where all the women are like "we'll take care of it", then all line up for their big hero shot, then completely fail to take care of it?

druss

Quote from: QDRPHNC on November 17, 2021, 01:32:34 PM
Remember the #girlpower bit in Endgame where all the women are like "we'll take care of it", then all line up for their big hero shot, then completely fail to take care of it?
Agree with you mate, women can't handle anything, about time someone had the courage to say it.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: druss on November 17, 2021, 02:25:59 PM
Agree with you mate, women can't handle anything, about time someone had the courage to say it.

I was more making a point about how Marvel panders but doesn't have the courage of their convictions.

Chedney Honks

Why would a grown man want to watch a film about comics anyway?

Helllllooooo?!

druss

Quote from: Chedney Honks on November 17, 2021, 05:32:24 PM
Why would a grown man want to watch a film about comics anyway?

Helllllooooo?!
It's the sort of spectacle that cinema was invented for.

Chedney Honks

Oh yeah? maybe you thinkin about Gauntanamo Bay?

There's only three pure cinema movie makers - F.M. Murmau, Carl Th. Dryer and Billy Wilder. Once you get sound films, it might as well be a kids tv show. You telling me MCU was pre-Code? 😂😂😂

Think again before you open it.

Catalogue Trousers

Chedney Honks

I will give you Morcombe but Ronald Corbett was not a grown man. He was a man whom I mistake for Ronald Corbett Jr.

ProvanFan

When there's a good beam and an evil beam and they're beaming into each other and for a few epic minutes it could go either way, that's my favourite bit and I can't wait to see it again in the upcoming Winker Watson reboot.

samadriel

Dex Sawash

Has there ever been a hundred pager in film sf before.
Prolly batman v superman

Replies From View

Old Nehamkin

Without looking them up I would guess Ghostbusters (2016) and Star Wars The Last Jedi.

madhair60

Dex Sawash

Replies From View

Butchers Blind

Don't forget to enrol in your Marvel studies before the next film.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 18, 2021, 11:29:50 AMHas there ever been a hundred pager in film sf before.
Prolly batman v superman
Film cliches you want to fuck off is on 99 pages.

Although there has been a lot of repetition.

Although there always is.

Always.

Quote from: Dex Sawash on November 18, 2021, 11:29:50 AMHas there ever been a hundred pager in film sf before.
Prolly batman v superman

lets get this bastard to 100

wooders1978

They are though aren't they?
4, maybe 5, good ones out of nearly 25? Pathetic return

Dex Sawash

I dgaf about them at all but like to talk about films. Too thick to watch proper films properly and then discuss them so here I am.