Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:35:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

TVGoHome - remember that?

Started by Barry Admin, November 05, 2021, 01:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Virgo76 on November 08, 2021, 09:29:02 PM
I remember the TV listings in Oink! comic in the 1980s which I think were written by Brooker seemed very funny at the time (at least from my childish perspective). I guess that was the start of it all.

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on November 06, 2021, 10:32:26 PM
I always remembered an edition of Oink that had fake TV listings that I thought were hilarious. They sprang back into my mind when I first read TVGH as they were very similar in style and humour.

Fast forward to about 10 years ago and I emailed Brooker to ask if it was indeed him who wrote the Oink listings and he replied to confirm that he had. He must have been pretty young at the time, maybe mid teens.

Virgo76

Oops. Missed that. Thanks.
Those Oink! listing were great though.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: iamcoop on November 08, 2021, 12:18:26 PM
He once described Adrien Brody as having a face like a 'disappointed sundial' which still makes me laugh twenty years later.

David Dickinson looking like "an ageing Thundercat".

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

This bit, from a column providing tips on how to lie purely for your own pointless amusement, has always stuck with me.

"You and a friend are listening to an unfamiliar song on the radio. Before it finishes, say, 'I can't believe this is Charles Dance - the man's lost his mind.'"

paddy72

Quote from: iamcoop on November 08, 2021, 12:18:26 PM
He once described Adrien Brody as having a face like a 'disappointed sundial' which still makes me laugh twenty years later.

That is great. Brody's just turned up in Succession, and now that's all I can see.

Wasn't it also Brooker who described Ronnie Wood as 'a fire-damaged Terrahawk'?