Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:57:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 - Welcome to our new ISIS Taliban overlords

Started by chveik, November 06, 2021, 12:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Payet should've gone to the bench and got out an AR15 and just started spraying into the crowd of cunts.

Maybe he just has a face that is impossible not to throw something at.

chveik

i was expecting a shitshow, but not of that magnitude. and it's nice to see the tradition of lyon ultras to sing la marseillaise at the 88 minute is still intact

Kankurette

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on November 21, 2021, 09:29:28 PMI don't expect footballers, certainly not these days, to give a fuck about the club. I do expect them to do the job they are very well paid for to their best ability. But this is the thing about the game: if I showed a can't-be-arsed attitude to my job because I think my manager is an inept clown (which has happened a few times), I'd be handed my cards.

In a just world, the next manager would take a hardline with the lot of them from day one and let them know just what a shower of shit they are. As it is, they'll get someone who'll sooth their egos and make Pogba feel good enough to sign a new contract and bring in the social media clicks.
At the risk of sounding sentimental, people are paying a lot of money to see them play and those players are the heroes of a lot of kids. The least they could do is think of the fans and play for them, but I accept that most footballers probably aren't arsed these days.

Uncle TechTip

Good tweet with the Lyon incident in full here: https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1462514190011273217?s=20

Had to laugh at the replay at the very end, initially he's holding his head looking round like what the fuck was that, he's scanning and once he clocks it he immediately falls over in great pain.

chveik

it's a professional sport, with very fine margins. being arsed or not isn't the deciding factor

Blinder Data

At first I thought it was supremely embarrassing that Man U held a farewell interview with Ole, but then I found it sweet (as well as supremely embarrassing).

POCH IN. imitationleather OUT.

Blinder Data

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 21, 2021, 11:50:28 PMGood tweet with the Lyon incident in full here: https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1462514190011273217?s=20

Had to laugh at the replay at the very end, initially he's holding his head looking round like what the fuck was that, he's scanning and once he clocks it he immediately falls over in great pain.

You're being unkind to Payet. I don't how I would react if a bottle full of water was thrown at my head from the stands. Even in slow motion the pace of thing is terrifying. Right by your ear as well - horrible.

Butchers Blind

Would've been better if he caught in his left hand and took a swig from it while giving two fingers to the crowd.

phantom_power

Quote from: chveik on November 21, 2021, 11:50:48 PMit's a professional sport, with very fine margins. being arsed or not isn't the deciding factor

I don't think players go out to deliberately play badly or not put any effort in. Players are humans not robots and there are a myriad factors that affect performance. If there is a general bad atmosphere around a club due to bad performances, an unpopular manager or whatever that can easy affect most players in subconscious but significant ways. I think this whole "not playing for the manager" or "stopped trying" stuff is mainly bollocks, certainly in terms of deliberate, conscious decisions by the players

FredNurke

Quote from: kinky_john_fowler on November 22, 2021, 12:58:10 PMI don't think players go out to deliberately play badly or not put any effort in. Players are humans not insects

I'm very sorry.

Kankurette

Steve Bruce being Man United manager would be hilarious. It's more likely to be Poch though.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Kankurette on November 22, 2021, 03:13:25 PMSteve Bruce being Man United manager would be hilarious.

He's more qualified than the last bloke.

EOLAN

Quote from: Kankurette on November 22, 2021, 03:13:25 PMSteve Bruce being Man United manager would be hilarious. It's more likely to be Poch though.

For all the flak he gets, isn't he the most successful of Fergies established core players as a manager. Robson,
Ole, Keane, Ince, P Neville, Scholes, G Neville, Stam. Not a great list admittedly.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: EOLAN on November 22, 2021, 03:44:14 PMFor all the flak he gets, isn't he the most successful of Fergies established core players as a manager. Robson,
Ole, Keane, Ince, P Neville, Scholes, G Neville, Stam. Not a great list admittedly.
Alex McLeish managed to win something as Birmingham manager, though that's going back to his Aberdeen days. Gordon Strachan won a few trophies while in charge of Celtic too.

phes

Quote from: EOLAN on November 22, 2021, 03:44:14 PMFor all the flak he gets, isn't he the most successful of Fergies established core players as a manager. Robson,

Mark Hughes managed as many PL games as Bruce

EOLAN

Quote from: phes on November 22, 2021, 05:40:42 PMMark Hughes managed as many PL games as Bruce

Knew I had someone missed out. Would go with Strachan as pick of bunch. Probably put Hughes just slightly above Bruce and McLeish.

Vitamin C

A Hughes/Bruce dream team to see the season out would be marvellous.

Kankurette

bgmnts

The new addendum to the confusing handball rule means Rudiger basically punched it and it didn't matter because he didn't score.

Bizarre shit.

bgmnts

Seferovic unsurprisingly missed an open goal in the 93rd minute to beat Barcelona.

Drip.

Poobum

Muriel getting the equalizer for Atalanta, assuming its a comical mishap and there's a confused Italian wingback sat in a Bingo hall in Wigan.

badaids

Quote from: Kankurette on November 22, 2021, 09:39:21 PMWhat's Sparky doing with himself these days anyway?

Writing dozens of news stories that he'll be Man Utd's interim manager until the end of the season.  I really hope this happens.

chveik

Inspector Norse

bgmnts

Benzema guilty of blackmail and not really punished at all obviously.

French football is so weird.